Subject: [DNSOP] I-D Action:draft-ietf-dnsop-dnssec-trust-history-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 06:30:05 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Domain Name System Operations Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : DNSSEC Trust Anchor History Service
	Author(s)       : W. Wijngaards, O. Kolkman
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dnsop-dnssec-trust-history-02.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2010-06-29

When DNS validators have trusted keys, but have been offline for a
longer period, key rollover will fail and they are stuck with stale
trust anchors.  History service allows validators to query for older
DNSKEY RRsets and pick up the rollover trail where they left off.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsop-dnssec-trust-history-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: "W.C.A. Wijngaards" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 16:29:41 +0200

Hi DnsOP WG,

As you saw announced, a new version of the trust history draft.
Includes new sections (thanks Andrew Sullivan!) that explain why exactly
these old keys, expired signatures, and revoked flags are useful and proper.

The algorithm is mostly the same with minor nits, but the explanation
for deployment has increased significantly.  I would appreciate review
of the working group, as I feel the algorithm is pretty much done, and
if the considerations for usage can be shown then the draft can progress
and help the soon-to-be-signed domains :-) .

Handy link to the superb tools page with diff
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dnsop-dnssec-trust-history-02

Best regards,
   Wouter