Subject: [DNSOP] respsize draft

From: Paul Vixie <[email-masked]>, Akira Kato <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 14:10:28 +0000

The ID "draft-ietf-dnsop-respsize" was first posted in June 2003
partially requested by ICANN community to inform the TLD registries
and others about the size of the DNS responses especially when IPv6
glue records were added. While the document has been concluded in WGLC
in Aug 2007, the state of the document flaps between "IESG/AD is
watching" and "Dead". The authors are unclear the state, but we'd
indicate a fact that only about 65% of the DNS queries to a Root DNS
server 65% includes EDNS pseudo-rr, which is far from 100% (this is
described in -12)

The authors would like to make the draft either of
- Move it to publish as Informational RFC (after another WGLC?)
- Withdraw the document

However, the authors are happy to continue to improve the document
provided if the community requests us specific sugesstions.

Akira Kato
Paul Vixie

---

From: Kim Davies <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 09:17:36 -0700

> provided if the community requests us specific sugesstions.

I find the document very useful, and support it being published as an Informational RFC.

kim