Subject: [DNSOP] Ben Campbell's Yes on draft-ietf-dnsop-onion-tld-00: (with COMMENT)

From: "Ben Campbell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 2015 16:33:23 -0700

Ben Campbell has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-dnsop-onion-tld-00: Yes

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-onion-tld/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

This one took some soul searching. But I think the arguments have been
made, and that on the whole this registration does more good than harm.

I agree with the several people who have pointed out that
[tor-rendezvous] should be a normative reference.

Nit: The abstract could use a bit more meat. For example, that the .onion
special-purpose name is for use with Tor.