Subject: [DNSOP] Terry Manderson's No Objection on draft-ietf-dnsop-dns-terminology-04: (with COMMENT)

From: "Terry Manderson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2015 20:22:47 -0700

Terry Manderson has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-dnsop-dns-terminology-04: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-dns-terminology/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

No-objection from me regarding the existence of this document, I do think
it's helpful, however along with others (Ben, Benoit, Alvaro) I feel the
work is incomplete if a revision is required so soon. 

I would feel much more comfortable if the document was taken back to the
WG and completed before being published.

---

From: "Paul Hoffman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2015 12:58:36 -0700

> work is incomplete if a revision is required so soon.

We hope our wording explains this, without setting any expectations on 
"so soon".

> WG and completed before being published.

Had the ex-DNSEXT WG noticed ten years ago that people's views of the 
definitions were diverging, that would have been grand. With another 
decade of heel digging-in, completion of the updates might be much 
harder.

--Paul Hoffman