Subject: [DNSOP] RFC 7646 on Definition and Use of DNSSEC Negative Trust Anchors

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2015 15:17:13 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7646

        Title:      Definition and Use of DNSSEC 
                    Negative Trust Anchors 
        Author:     P. Ebersman, W. Kumari,
                    C. Griffiths, J. Livingood,
                    R. Weber
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       September 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      16
        Characters: 36117
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dnsop-negative-trust-anchors-13.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7646

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7646

DNS Security Extensions (DNSSEC) is now entering widespread
deployment.  However, domain signing tools and processes are not yet
as mature and reliable as those for non-DNSSEC-related domain
administration tools and processes.  This document defines Negative
Trust Anchors (NTAs), which can be used to mitigate DNSSEC validation
failures by disabling DNSSEC validation at specified domains.

This document is a product of the Domain Name System Operations Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC