Subject: [DNSOP] ARCING BoF and mailing list

From: Ted Hardie <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2016 09:23:15 -0800

Howdy,

Andrew Sullivan, Suzanne Woolf and I have put a request in for a BoF at
IETF 95 (arcing <http://tools.ietf.org/bof/trac/>) that is trying to take a
slightly different squint at how to manage alternative resolution contexts
like that of mDNS, .onion, or similar.  We're trying to look beyond recent
issues about RFC 6761 and special use name
​ to see if there are different architectural approaches to the general
problem.

​
There's a stab at a problem statement draft
<https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hardie-resolution-contexts-01.txt>
available, building off of work that's already been done  here in DNSOP and
other places.  There is also a mailing list set up for early discussion (
[email-masked]), and we'd appreciate anyone interested in the topic
joining the discussion there.

Apologies if you get multiple copies; it must mean we *really* want you to
join.

thanks,

Ted, Andrew, Suzanne

---

From: "Paul Hoffman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2016 09:38:30 -0800

Suzanne: Since you are one of the BoF initiators here, maybe you can 
clarify a few things.

- How does this relate to the other DNSOP work in this area such as 
.alt?

- Does this change the work of the 6761bis design team?

- How is it related to the INIP program 
(https://www.iab.org/activities/programs/names-and-identifiers-program/) 
in the IAB?

For those of us who wan to contribute work, but don't want to have to do 
it in three similar areas, having a clear statement of what is going on 
would be helpful.

--Paul Hoffman