Subject: [DNSOP] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dnsop-5966bis-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2016 07:09:00 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Domain Name System Operations Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : DNS Transport over TCP - Implementation Requirements
        Authors         : John Dickinson
                          Sara Dickinson
                          Ray Bellis
                          Allison Mankin
                          Duane Wessels
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dnsop-5966bis-06.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2016-01-15

Abstract:
   This document specifies the requirement for support of TCP as a
   transport protocol for DNS implementations and provides guidelines
   towards DNS-over-TCP performance on par with that of DNS-over-UDP.
   This document obsoletes RFC5966 and therefore updates RFC1035 and
   RFC1123.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-5966bis/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dnsop-5966bis-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dnsop-5966bis-06

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Sara Dickinson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2016 15:11:22 +0000

Hi All, 

This update addresses the comments from the IESG reviews:

- Introduction: Add reference to DNS-over-TLS
- Section 5: 's/it/the resolver/' and 's/fallback/retry/'
- Section 6.1.1: Make clear behaviour is 'at the time of writing', not a recommendation
- Section 6.2.1.1: Change SHOULD to MUST.
- Section 6.2.2: Clarify 'operational reasons' for zone transfers.
- Section 8: Re-word to remove reference to TCP segments.
- Section 9: Add sentence about use of TFO with DNS privacy solutions.

Regards

Sara. 

> On 15 Jan 2016, at 15:09, [email-masked] wrote:
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> DNSOP mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dnsop