Subject: [DNSOP] Brian Haberman's No Objection on draft-ietf-dnsop-edns-tcp-keepalive-04: (with COMMENT)

From: "Brian Haberman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2016 10:02:57 -0800

Brian Haberman has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-dnsop-edns-tcp-keepalive-04: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-edns-tcp-keepalive/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the quick resolution to my DISCUSS point. The proposed change
is recorded below for posterity.

OLD:

It SHOULD honour the timeout and initiate close of the connection before
the timeout expires.

NEW:

It SHOULD honour the timeout received in that response (overriding any
previous timeout) and initiate close of the connection before the timeout
expires.