Subject: [DNSOP] Document Action: 'Chain Query requests in DNS' to Experimental RFC (draft-ietf-dnsop-edns-chain-query-07.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2016 09:05:12 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Chain Query requests in DNS'
  (draft-ietf-dnsop-edns-chain-query-07.txt) as Experimental RFC

This document is the product of the Domain Name System Operations Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Benoit Claise and Joel Jaeggli.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-edns-chain-query/

Technical Summary

This document was heavily reviewed, and discussed by the Working Group. 
There had been a few operational issues brought up that were resolved.  
During the WGLC, there was an argument from one person that this could 
be solved using a different mechanism. It was pointed out that the other 
mechanism has never been attempted or implemented.  It is worth reading 
for a sense of the discussion that started here:

https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/dnsop/YAOKdXMZe4iMt2HV0CT-cAtjVKQ

The WG is behind this document.  There are some reviews from the Apps 
Area that helped clean up the document.

As this is experimental, there are current attempts to implement this.  
As operational knowledge becomes available, this document will move 
toward Proposed Standard.

Working Group Summary

This document was heavily reviewed, and discussed by the Working Group. 
There had been a few operational issues brought up that were resolved.  
During the WGLC, there was an argument from one person that this could 
be solved using a different mechanism. It was pointed out that the other 
mechanism has never been attempted or implemented.  It is worth reading 
for a sense of the discussion that started here:

https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/dnsop/YAOKdXMZe4iMt2HV0CT-cAtjVKQ

The WG is behind this document.  There are some reviews from the Apps 
Area that helped clean up the document.

Document Quality

As this is experimental, there are current attempts to implement this.  
As operational knowledge becomes available, this document will move 
toward Proposed Standard.

Personnel

Document Shepherd:   Tim Wicinski
Area Director:       Joel Jaggeli