Subject: [DNSOP] Barry Leiba's No Objection on draft-ietf-dnsop-edns-chain-query-06: (with COMMENT)

From: "Barry Leiba" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2016 10:30:04 -0800

Barry Leiba has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-dnsop-edns-chain-query-06: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-edns-chain-query/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Section 6.3 --

   It is RECOMMENDED that TCP sessions not immediately be closed after
   the DNS answer to the first query is received.  It is recommended to
   use [TCP-KEEPALIVE].

A very tiny point: it strikes me that the 2119-level "RECOMMENDED" is on
the wrong half of this -- I think the 2119-level recommendation should be
on the TCP-KEEPALIVE part.  I'd word it this way, but you can certainly
ignore this if you prefer, and no response is necessary:

NEW
   The use of [TCP-KEEPALIVE] on DNS TCP sessions is RECOMMENDED, and   
   thus TCP sessions should not immediately be closed after the DNS
   answer to the first query is received.
END

---

From: Paul Wouters <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2016 17:50:27 -0500

That seems like an improvement. I made the change.

Paul