Subject: [DNSOP] DNS over HTTP Bar Bof Tuesady 6:45 Studio 7

From: Patrick McManus <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2016 07:52:29 +0900

Our Bar BOF will be Tuesday evening at 6:45 in Studio 7 on the 6th Floor of
the Conrad. See you there!

as a reminder - this is our scope:

DNS over HTTP comes up again and again - each time the context is a bit
different. Some efforts try and extract information from the DNS via HTTP,
others try and modify the DNS information via HTTP, others try and use HTTP
as a tunnel for the DNS protocol, and still others aim to integrate DNS
information directly into the HTTP protocol stack. Along the way there are
firewalls, caches, markup languages, content-encodings, half solutions,
security challenges, and other dragons.

Someone made the excellent suggestion that we try and get a broad set of
expertise here - both from the folks that understand DNS, the folks that
are more experienced with HTTP, as well as the folks well versed in
interfaces together to build a more complete set of requirements and after
that's done we can make a gut check on whether that's a problem we want to
solve together.

Let's hold an informal bar-bof in Seoul (time and place TBD) on the topic
and see if we can get critical mass together for the effort - we can
discuss forums/etc for this work along the way - but I'm most interested to
see if we can get the attention of the diverse set of folks necessary to
make it succeed.

---

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2016 15:05:53 +0900

Hi Colleagues, 

I would like to take some time slot to introduce the DNS wireformat draft. 
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-song-dns-wireformat-http-04 

And I also would like to ask the impact of cache impact of the DNS over HTTP path. I mean the cache in the middle may mis-interpret and block the DNS transaction.  Maybe we should suggest stop cache for DNS over HTTP case.

Davey

[email-masked]
 
From: Patrick McManus
Date: 2016-11-14 07:52
To: dnsoverhttp; dnsop
Subject: [dnsoverhttp] DNS over HTTP Bar Bof Tuesady 6:45 Studio 7
Our Bar BOF will be Tuesday evening at 6:45 in Studio 7 on the 6th Floor of the Conrad. See you there!

---

From: Patrick McManus <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2016 16:11:24 +0900

> of the Conrad. See you there!

I should have mentioned - plan on a duration of 1 hour.