Subject: [DNSOP] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dnsop-resolver-priming-10.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2016 12:37:04 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Domain Name System Operations of the IETF.

        Title           : Initializing a DNS Resolver with Priming Queries
        Authors         : Peter Koch
                          Matt Larson
                          Paul Hoffman
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dnsop-resolver-priming-10.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2016-12-23

Abstract:
   This document describes the queries that a DNS resolver should emit
   to initialize its cache.  The result is that the resolver gets both a
   current NS RRSet for the root zone and the necessary address
   information for reaching the root servers.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-resolver-priming/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dnsop-resolver-priming-10

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dnsop-resolver-priming-10

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Anand Buddhdev <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2016 11:22:33 +0100

Section 4.2 is no longer true. All 13 root name servers also have IPv6
addresses now, so the next revision of this draft should update section 4.2.

Regards,
Anand Buddhdev