Subject: Re: [DNSOP] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dnsop-alt-tld-06.txt

From: Warren Kumari <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2017 16:25:34 -0500

On Sat, Nov 5, 2016 at 2:21 PM, Stephane Bortzmeyer <[email-masked]> wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 03, 2016 at 12:04:42PM -0400,
>  Bob Harold <[email-masked]> wrote
>  a message of 124 lines which said:
>
>> Those changes look good to me.
>
> OK for me also.
>
> Except may be the new word "sandbox" that appeared in -06. It is not
> the usual sense of this word in computer science, it seems to me.

Thank you, that's a good point -- I'd been thinking of it in the "a
safe place to play in" context and the computer context didn't occur
to me...

I've changed "This document reserves the ALT label, using the
[RFC6761] process, for use as a pseudo-TLD.  This creates an unmanaged
sandbox namespace." to "<?xml version="1.0"?>
This document reserves the ALT label, using the "RFC6761" process, for
use as an unmanaged pseudo-TLD namespace."

I think that this is a clearer, thanks.

I'm only making these changes in Github until the document is unparked.
https://github.com/wkumari/draft-wkumari-dnsop-alt-tld

W

>
> _______________________________________________
> DNSOP mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dnsop

-- 
I don't think the execution is relevant when it was obviously a bad
idea in the first place.
This is like putting rabid weasels in your pants, and later expressing
regret at having chosen those particular rabid weasels and that pair
of pants.
   ---maf