Subject: [DNSOP] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-pan-dnsop-swild-rr-type-00.txt

From: Lanlan Pan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2017 11:39:08 +0000

Hi all,

We have submitted a new draft as draft-pan-dnsop-swild-rr-type-00.

Nowadays wildcard domain is globally used, especially on CDN, P2P,
advertise, anti-virus, DNSBLs service. Wildcard domain is simple configured
on Authoritative Nameserver, but Intermediate Nameservers have to cache
various domains (for example, xxx.github.io, yyy.github.io, ... ) of the
same wildcard domain configuration.

This document specifies a new SWILD RR type for Intermediate Nameservers to
cache subdomain wildcard record, in order to reduce the cache size and
optimize the wildcard domain cache miss.

Your comments are appreciated.

Thanks
Lanlan & Yu

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: 2017年7月3日周一 下午7:15
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-pan-dnsop-swild-rr-type-00.txt
To: Pan Lanlan <[email-masked]>, Yu Fu <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-pan-dnsop-swild-rr-type-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Lanlan Pan and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-pan-dnsop-swild-rr-type
Revision:       00
Title:          SWILD RR Type (Wildcard on Intermediate Nameservers)
Document date:  2017-07-03
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          6
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-pan-dnsop-swild-rr-type-00.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-pan-dnsop-swild-rr-type/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-pan-dnsop-swild-rr-type-00
Htmlized:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-pan-dnsop-swild-rr-type-00

Abstract:
   This document describes a new SWILD RR type for Intermediate
   Nameservers to cache subdomain wildcard record, in order to reduce
   the cache size and optimize the wildcard domain cache miss.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat

-- 
致礼  Best Regards

潘蓝兰  Pan Lanlan

---

From: Tony Finch <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2017 13:18:36 +0100

> optimize the wildcard domain cache miss.

Isn't this functionality already provided by
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dnsop-nsec-aggressiveuse ?

Tony.
-- 
f.anthony.n.finch  <[email-masked]>  http://dotat.at/  -  I xn--zr8h punycode
Fitzroy: Variable 4 for a time in north, otherwise northeasterly becoming
cyclonic 5 to 7. Slight or moderate. Occasional rain. Moderate, occasionally
poor.

---

From: Lanlan Pan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2017 03:54:22 +0000

Hi Tony,

We try to solve similar wildcard problem.

NSEC/NSEC3 aggressiveuse (Section 5.3 Wildcards
<https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dnsop-nsec-aggressiveuse-10#page-6>)
:
- NSEC/NSEC3 RR: give "NOT EXIST SUBDOMAIN" information.
- cached deduced wildcard: give the default wildcard RR.

SWILD:
- Directly give "ALL SUBDOMAIN" information, and the default wildcard RR.

SWILD is applicable even when Authoritative Nameservers don't give
NSEC/NSEC3 RR.
SWILD is applicable on non-validating Forwarding Resolvers.

Regards,

-- 
致礼  Best Regards

潘蓝兰  Pan Lanlan