Subject: [DNSOP] Terry Manderson's No Objection on draft-ietf-dnsop-sutld-ps-07: (with COMMENT)

From: Terry Manderson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2017 20:05:50 -0700

Terry Manderson has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-dnsop-sutld-ps-07: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-sutld-ps/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for writing this document - I believe that having such a document makes
future discussions much easier, that said I am not a fan of publishing problem
statements in the RFC series. Given the document already lays out a level of
dissent in so far as some people don't see all these listed "problems" as
problems, (and I agree with them!) - they could however be universally
described as "issues", where any particular concern or issue doesn't
necessarily need to a response (irrespective of which forum or SDO holds the
baton for that discussion piece). My suggestion would be to reword language
portions to describe the information contained in this draft as "issues and
concerns" and further because the text provided covers more than just the
enumerated set of "issues" (was problems), may I also suggest a title change to
something like "Issues, Concerns, and information related to Special-Use Domain
Names".