Subject: [DNSOP] draft-fujiwara-dnsop-additional-answers-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2017 19:22:15 +0900 (JST)

Hello,

I submitted another multiple response proposal.

  https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-fujiwara-dnsop-additional-answers-00

It is similar to draft-wkumari-dnsop-multiple-responses, however, it
proposes authoritative DNS server software developers choose
additional resource records.

# Many implementations (For example, BIND 9 and NSD) add MX mail
# exchange A/AAAA or SRV Target A/AAAA in MX or SRV responses.

And the draft proposes to append NSEC/NSEC3 RR if additional RR type
does not exist. Validating resolvers can generate NODATA response by
RFC 8198.

It also contains comparison of multiple responses proposals in Appendix.

Please read and comment it.

Regards,

--
Kazunori Fujiwara, JPRS <[email-masked]>

 Subject: I-D Action: draft-fujiwara-dnsop-additional-answers-00.txt
 From: [email-masked]
 To: <[email-masked]>
 Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2017 09:57:24 -0700
 Archived-At: <https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/i-d-announce/XqW3OeFv6rczw7inZrIdwe9VY8U>

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Returning additional answers in DNS responses
        Author          : Kazunori Fujiwara
	Filename        : draft-fujiwara-dnsop-additional-answers-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2017-10-28

Abstract:
   This document proposes to document the ability to provide multiple
   answers in single DNS response.  For example, authoritative servers
   may add a NSEC resource record or A/AAAA resource records of the
   query name.  This is especially useful as, in many cases, the entity
   making the request has no a priori knowledge of what other questions
   it will need to ask.  It is already possible (an authoritative server
   MAY already sends what it wants in the additional section).  This
   document does not propose any protocol changes, just explanations of
   an already acceptable practice.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-fujiwara-dnsop-additional-answers/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-fujiwara-dnsop-additional-answers-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-fujiwara-dnsop-additional-answers-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/