Subject: [DNSOP] Milestones changed for dnsop WG

From: IETF Secretariat <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2017 12:32:14 -0700

Deleted milestone "Complete WGLC for dnsop-dnssec-roadblock-avoidance and
send to IESG".

URL: https://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/dnsop/about/

---

From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2017 15:10:28 +0200

On Tue, Oct 24, 2017 at 12:32:14PM -0700,
 IETF Secretariat <[email-masked]> wrote 

> URL: https://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/dnsop/about/

Is it a bug or an human error? The only milestone (three years late)
is draft-ietf-dnsop-dnssec-key-timing (was actually published as RFC
7583)?

What about the stuff in
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/dnsop/documents/>?

---

From: Warren Kumari <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2017 13:08:01 -0400

> is draft-ietf-dnsop-dnssec-key-timing (was actually published as RFC

This was my fault -- the chairs had an arrangement with Joel to not do
milestones; I knew about this, but forgot...

The secretariat sent out a reminder email on how to find milestones
which ADs need to approve - I hit the button and it sent the above
mail.

> <https://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/dnsop/documents/>?

Yup - DNSOP is an ops type WG, and so takes on and deals operational
issue type documents; we don't really map out our plans for the next N
years. There are a significant number of documents in flight, and so
constantly adding, approving, closing milestones is more admin faff
than needed -- however, we do seem to have lost momentum getting
documents over the final hurdles, and so the plan is for the chairs,
secretary and myself to sit down in Singapore and figure out how to
better track things and stop documents slipping through the cracks.

So, sorry for the random closing of an old milestone, the current
milestones don't actually reflect what the group is working on (which
may or may not be an issue), and we're planning on figuring out how to
not lose momentum in the future.

W

>
> _______________________________________________
> DNSOP mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dnsop