Subject: [DNSOP] Moving towards completing draft-ietf-dnsop-terminology-bis

From: "Paul Hoffman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2017 13:18:51 -0700

Greetings again. One of the last major large issues for 
draft-ietf-dnsop-terminology-bis is to re-look at issues that were 
brought up in the preparation of RFC 7719 but were deferred to the -bis 
document. I have recently discovered that us doing that deferral pissed 
off some folks pretty heavily, and for that I apologize. I hope that 
people on this list are still willing to engage on the last bits of this 
document so that we can finish it in the near term.

To that end, I have opened up four issues in the GitHub tracker for 
things that I found we had deferred but not dealt with:
https://github.com/DNSOP/draft-ietf-dnsop-terminology-bis/issues/32: 
superordinate and subordinate
https://github.com/DNSOP/draft-ietf-dnsop-terminology-bis/issues/33: 
Four new terms about queries
https://github.com/DNSOP/draft-ietf-dnsop-terminology-bis/issues/34: 
Split out error names in their own terms
https://github.com/DNSOP/draft-ietf-dnsop-terminology-bis/issues/35: 
Clarifying "referral"
Please comment here on the list or in GitHub if you have any opinion 
about them. Personally, I believe all should be acted on.

Also, if you have the stomach for it, please review the entire 
draft-ietf-dnsop-terminology-bis (yet?) again and see if there are 
issues you remember from before that weren't brought up, or new issues 
that should be brought up now. This time, there is clearly no rush like 
there was before, and it would be good to get it more right this time.

--Paul Hoffman