Subject: [DNSOP] Responsible AD for KSK-Sentinel - Terry Manderson

From: Warren Kumari <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2018 11:04:24 -0400

Hello all,

Obviously I cannot (nor would I want to) be the responsible AD for
this document, and so I asked for volunteers - Terry Manderson (CCed)
has kindly volunteered to carry the torch on this document.

Thanks Terry!
W

-- 
I don't think the execution is relevant when it was obviously a bad
idea in the first place.
This is like putting rabid weasels in your pants, and later expressing
regret at having chosen those particular rabid weasels and that pair
of pants.
   ---maf

---

From: Suzanne Woolf <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2018 11:18:10 -0400

Warren,

Thanks for clarifying this for the WG. 

For those who don’t like to worry about process, just note that Warren has done the right thing to head off any potential process issue with having the same person acting as both an editor of the document and the Area Director responsible for managing DNSOP documents in the IESG (running IETF Last Call, shepherding the document through discussion in the IESG). 

Thanks Terry for helping us out!

Suzanne

> On Apr 9, 2018, at 11:04 AM, Warren Kumari <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Hello all,
> 
> _______________________________________________
> DNSOP mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dnsop

---

From: Warren Kumari <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2018 17:56:37 +0000

> Thanks for clarifying this for the WG.

No worries - and just to remind the WG: I will never be the Responsible AD
for a document for which I am an author, and will always recuse myself
during eval, etc.

I’m actually not sure if this is a documented requirement anywhere[0], but
it *is* the standard procedure for documents written by an AD (e.g:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-maxra/ballot/ )

>
> For those who don’t like to worry about process, just note that Warren has
> done the right thing to head off any potential process issue with having
> the same person acting as both an editor of the document and the Area
> Director responsible for managing DNSOP documents in the IESG (running IETF
> Last Call, shepherding the document through discussion in the IESG).

> Thanks Terry for helping us out!

Indeed.

W
[0]: There are strong implications that this that this should happen - for
example, "IESG Ballot Procedures" has:
""Recuse" means "I cannot post a ballot position due to a personal interest
in the document." This ballot position is used with the AD is a document
author, WG chair, or otherwise interested party."

> > has kindly volunteered to carry the torch on this document.
I don't think the execution is relevant when it was obviously a bad idea in
the first place.
This is like putting rabid weasels in your pants, and later expressing
regret at having chosen those particular rabid weasels and that pair of
pants.
   ---maf