Subject: [DNSOP] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-spacek-edns-camel-diet-01.txt

From: Petr Špaček <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2018 13:49:52 +0200

Hello dnsop,

I've attempted to address concerns raised in dnsop about
draft-spacek-edns-camel-diet-00.

Main change from 00 is that mentions of FORMERR were replaced with 
reference to older standards.

After all, the only important part of this draft is that responder MUST 
reply in a way which was standardized, the exact protocol is specified 
in other documents.

I believe that version 01 is now correct when it comes to 
interoperability with non-EDNS servers as well as old EDNS servers 
implementing now obsolete RFC 2671.

A version of this proposal for people outside of IETF is now live on
http://dnsflagday.net/

Please review.
Petr Špaček  @  CZ.NIC

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-spacek-edns-camel-diet-01.txt
Date: Tue, 29 May 2018 04:44:38 -0700
From: [email-masked]
To: Petr Spacek <[email-masked]>, Ondrej Sury <[email-masked]>, 
Olafur Gudmundsson <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-spacek-edns-camel-diet-01.txt
has been successfully submitted by Petr Spacek and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-spacek-edns-camel-diet
Revision:	01
Title:		Minimal EDNS compliance requirements
Document date:	2018-05-29
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		3
URL: 
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-spacek-edns-camel-diet-01.txt
Status: 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-spacek-edns-camel-diet/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-spacek-edns-camel-diet-01
Htmlized: 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-spacek-edns-camel-diet
Diff: 
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-spacek-edns-camel-diet-01

Abstract:
    DNS responders must either follow RFC 6891 by fully implementing EDNS
    or at least respond to queries containing OPT record according to
    older specifications.  Non-compliant implementations which do not
    respond at all are not worth talking to.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat