Subject: [DNSOP] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-song-atr-large-resp-01.txt

From: Davey Song <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2018 17:27:31 +0800

Hi folks,

I just update ATR-draft to 01 version with the help of some reviewers and
their comments. I would like to ask if there are enough pepole here think
it is a  good document to work on.

As background, ATR was firstly proposed on september 2017 to address Large
DNS response issues in IPv6. It did not cacth much pepole's attention at
that time, due to unclear benefit and potential impact of network
reordering. It recently received highlights by the presentation in IEPG
presetation given by Geoff (iepg.org/2018-03-18-ietf101/geoff.pdf ) and  a
post in APNIC blog(
https://blog.apnic.net/2018/04/16/how-well-does-atr-actually-work/ ). APNIC
study made ATR more shiny and help me to gain confidence to continue work
on this document.

The most significant change in 01 version is introducing one flag bit in EDNS
OPT head called "AT" bit. This indication is usefull for measuring purpose.
And the document is changed to "std"  to define "AT" flag bit.

-Davey

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: 9 May 2018 at 16:57
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-song-atr-large-resp-01.txt
To: Linjian Song <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-song-atr-large-resp-01.txt
has been successfully submitted by Linjian Song and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-song-atr-large-resp
Revision:       01
Title:          ATR: Additional Truncation Response for Large DNS Response
Document date:  2018-05-08
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          14
URL:            https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-song-atr-large-
resp-01.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-song-atr-large-resp/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-song-atr-large-resp-01
Htmlized:       https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-song-atr-large-
resp
Diff:           https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-song-atr-large-
resp-01

Abstract:
   As the increasing use of DNSSEC and IPv6, there are more public
   evidence and concerns on IPv6 fragmentation issues due to larger DNS
   payloads over IPv6.  This memo introduces an simple improvement on
   DNS server by replying an additional truncated response just after
   the normal fragmented response.  It can be used to relieve users
   suffering on DNS latency and failures due to large DNS response.  It
   also can be utilized as a measuring and troubleshooting tool to
   locate the issue and conquer.

   REMOVE BEFORE PUBLICATION: The source of the document with test
   script is currently placed at GitHub [ATR-Github].  Comments and pull
   request are welcome.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat