Subject: [DNSOP] Last Call: <draft-ietf-dnsop-dns-capture-format-08.txt> (C-DNS: A DNS Packet Capture Format) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2018 06:10:03 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Domain Name System Operations WG
(dnsop) to consider the following document: - 'C-DNS: A DNS Packet Capture
Format'
  <draft-ietf-dnsop-dns-capture-format-08.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-11-13. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes a data representation for collections of DNS
   messages.  The format is designed for efficient storage and
   transmission of large packet captures of DNS traffic; it attempts to
   minimize the size of such packet capture files but retain the full
   DNS message contents along with the most useful transport metadata.
   It is intended to assist with the development of DNS traffic
   monitoring applications.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-dns-capture-format/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-dns-capture-format/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2909/