Subject: [DNSOP] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dnsop-session-signal-17.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2018 12:49:46 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Domain Name System Operations WG of the IETF.

        Title           : DNS Stateful Operations
        Authors         : Ray Bellis
                          Stuart Cheshire
                          John Dickinson
                          Sara Dickinson
                          Ted Lemon
                          Tom Pusateri
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dnsop-session-signal-17.txt
	Pages           : 66
	Date            : 2018-10-23

Abstract:
   This document defines a new DNS OPCODE for DNS Stateful Operations
   (DSO).  DSO messages communicate operations within persistent
   stateful sessions, using type-length-value (TLV) syntax.  Three TLVs
   are defined that manage session timeouts, termination, and encryption
   padding, and a framework is defined for extensions to enable new
   stateful operations.  This document updates RFC 1035 by adding a new
   DNS header opcode which has different message semantics, and a new
   result code.  This document updates RFC 7766 by redefining a session,
   providing new guidance on connection re-use, and providing a new
   mechanism for handling session idle timeouts.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-session-signal/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dnsop-session-signal-17
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-dnsop-session-signal-17

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dnsop-session-signal-17

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Bob Harold <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2018 16:10:03 -0400

> https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dnsop-session-signal-17

Page 6
"Early Data"
The last phrase:
"a TCP SYN message that does not use TLS
      encapsulation but contains is not permitted."
 Seems to be missing something, like "but contains early data is not
permitted."
Was there in the previous version, but accidentally deleted?

-- 
Bob Harold

---

From: Ted Lemon <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2018 16:16:44 -0400

On Oct 23, 2018, at 4:10 PM, Bob Harold <[email-masked]> wrote:
>  Seems to be missing something, like "but contains early data is not permitted."

Sigh.   Thanks, Bob.   :]