Subject: [DNSOP] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-song-dnsop-dualstack-ecs-00.txt

From: Davey Song <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2018 02:51:51 +0800

Hi folks,

I put the thought of IPv6 GeoIP in an draft. I think it more related to
dnsop wg. Hope you like it.

Best regards,
Davey

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2018 at 02:46
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-song-dnsop-dualstack-ecs-00.txt
To: Weijian Liao <[email-masked]>, Linjian Song <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-song-dnsop-dualstack-ecs-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Linjian Song and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-song-dnsop-dualstack-ecs
Revision:       00
Title:          Client Dualstack Subnets in DNS Queries
Document date:  2018-10-22
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          6
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-song-dnsop-dualstack-ecs-00.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-song-dnsop-dualstack-ecs/
Htmlized:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-song-dnsop-dualstack-ecs-00
Htmlized:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-song-dnsop-dualstack-ecs

Abstract:
   During the period of IPv6 transition, IP-based Geolocation (GeoIP)
   applications are identified as a challenge and speed bump for ICPs
   (Internet Content Providers) to migrating their service to IPv6.
   Some studies and operational experiences show that the accuracy of
   IPv6 GeoIP is relatively poor in comparison to their IPv4
   counterparts.  This memo proposed to include client's dualstack
   subnets into DNS queries to provide better IPv6 GeoIP.

   REMOVE BEFORE PUBLICATION: The source of the document with test
   script is currently placed at GitHub [Dualstack-ECS-GitHub].
   Comments and pull request are welcome.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat