Subject: [DNSOP] draft-ietf-dnsop-attrleaf-* drafts latest revisions

From: Dave Crocker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2018 22:33:12 -0400

Folks,

Based on the latest round of comments, I've submitted revised versions 
of the two drafts, mostly so that their diffs would be easily obtained.

I didn't do the careful, fine-grained review and audit of the changes 
that will be needed, since I-D numbers are cheap and I figured 
convenient access to the diffs from today's mounds of changes would be 
useful for the IESG session.

The datatracker entries are:

      DNS Scoped Data Through "Underscore" Naming of Attribute Leaves
      https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-attrleaf/

and

      DNS Attrleaf Changes: Fixing Specifications with Underscored Node 
Name Use
      https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-attrleaf-fix/

d/
-- 
Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking
bbiw.net

---

From: Adam Roach <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2018 21:50:32 -0500

>      https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-attrleaf/ 

Just to make sure you catch them in your audit, the following entries 
are still missing from the table:

               | TXT        | _tcp             | [RFC6763]  |
               | TXT        | _udp             | [RFC6763]  |
               | SRV        | _ldap            | [RFC4386]  |
               | SRV        | _http            | [RFC4386]  |
               | SRV        | _ocsp            | [RFC4386]  |

Also, the URI entries for _pstn and _sip still refer to RFC 7553 rather 
than RFC 6118.

Finally, the URI entries that correspond to the protocol numbers (_sctp, 
_tcp, _udp, and _dccp) *definitely* shouldn't point to RFC 6118. I 
believe the references you want are RFC 4960, RFC 793, RFC 768, and RFC 
4340, respectively.

/a

---

From: Dave Crocker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2018 07:26:03 -0400

> are still missing from the table:

Thanks, Adam!

d/

---

From: Bob Harold <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2018 09:23:26 -0400

>       https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-attrleaf-fix/

Sorry to ask this here, but looking at those links, I cannot find a "diff"
link anywhere.  (I found it in the other emails, but would like to know how
to get there from the pages above.)

-- 
Bob Harold

---

From: Dave Crocker <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2018 09:27:01 -0400

On 10/12/2018 9:23 AM, Bob Harold wrote:
> Sorry to ask this here, but looking at those links, I cannot find a 
> "diff" link anywhere.  (I found it in the other emails, but would like 
> to know how to get there from the pages above.)

The official announcement emails do contain a direct link to diffs.

I sent a pointer to the base datatracker page for the document.  To get 
to the diffs, from such a page, click on the 'History" tab (next to 
Email expansions.)  Then click "Submit".

d/

---

From: Bob Harold <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2018 09:30:17 -0400

> Email expansions.)  Then click "Submit".

Thanks!   I figured it had to be  somewhere fairly obvious, but I just was
not seeing it.

-- 
Bob Harold