Subject: [DNSOP] Document Action: 'Reverse DNS in IPv6 for Internet Service Providers' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-dnsop-isp-ip6rdns-07.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2018 09:38:45 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Reverse DNS in IPv6 for Internet Service Providers'
  (draft-ietf-dnsop-isp-ip6rdns-07.txt) as Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Domain Name System Operations Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Warren Kumari and Ignas Bagdonas.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-isp-ip6rdns/

Technical Summary

    In IPv4, Internet Service Providers (ISPs) commonly provide IN-
   ADDR.ARPA information for their customers by prepopulating the zone
   with one PTR record for every available address.  This practice does
   not scale in IPv6.  This document analyzes different approaches and
   considerations for ISPs in managing the IP6.ARPA zone.

Working Group Summary

   This document was reviewed pretty extensively.  There were several 
issues brought up during the document, which the authors and the
working group were able to resolve over time.  Since the 
document presents operational guidance, there is no specific 
implementations needed. 

Document Quality

   Operational advice / discussions - no implementation needed.
   Document is an easy read, clear and concise.  

Personnel

   Document Shepherd: Tim Wicinski   
   Area Director:    Warren Kumari