Subject: [DNSOP] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dnsop-attrleaf-14.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2018 19:23:27 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Domain Name System Operations WG of the IETF.

        Title           : DNS Scoped Data Through "Underscore" Naming of Attribute Leaves
        Author          : Dave Crocker
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dnsop-attrleaf-14.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2018-10-10

Abstract:
   Formally, any DNS resource record may occur under any domain name.
   However some services use an operational convention for defining
   specific interpretations of an RRset, by locating the records in a
   DNS branch, under the parent domain to which the RRset actually
   applies.  The top of this subordinate branch is defined by a naming
   convention that uses a reserved node name, which begins with an
   _underscore.  The underscored naming construct defines a semantic
   scope for DNS record types that are associated with the parent
   domain, above the underscored branch.  This specification explores
   the nature of this DNS usage and defines the "DNS Global Underscore
   Scoped Entry Registry" with IANA.  The purpose of the Underscore
   registry is to avoid collisions resulting from the use of the same
   underscore-based name, for different services.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-attrleaf/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dnsop-attrleaf-14
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-dnsop-attrleaf-14

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dnsop-attrleaf-14

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/