Subject: [DNSOP] Third Working Group Last Call for Extended DNS Errors

From: Tim Wicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2020 19:43:01 -0500

All

During the previous working group last call on Extended Errors,
the working group ran into a vigorous discussion EDE options.
The working group came to consensus and ready to move forward.

Since it took this chair a little longer than normal to followup on
this, we'll run a 2 week WGLC, but we're primarily seeking those who
still have issues.

This starts a Working Group Last Call for Extended DNS Errors

Current versions of the draft is available here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-extended-error/

Please review the draft and offer relevant comments.
If this does not seem appropriate please speak out.
If someone feels the document is *not* ready for publication, please speak
out with your reasons.

This starts a two week Working Group Last Call process, and ends on: 8
March 2020

thanks
tim

---

From: Paul Vixie <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2020 02:17:25 +0000

On Tuesday, 25 February 2020 00:43:01 UTC Tim Wicinski wrote:
> ...
> ...

it's a bad idea and should not be done. its known complexity costs far 
outweigh its imaginable operability benefits. it's camel food, and could only 
come from unrestrained committee-think. we are trying to shrink messages and 
avoid fragmentation; this aggressively moves the actual system in the wrong 
direction. not even ECS was as bad an idea as this is. thanks for asking.

-- 
Paul