Subject: [DNSOP] AD review of draft-ietf-dnsop-7706bis-07

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2020 03:42:37 +0000

I am handling this document as responsible AD because Warren, who would
otherwise do it, is <strike>irresponsible</strike> an author of the
document.

I have only two comments, below, that are total nits, and I will request
last call as soon as I send this message.  Nice work, as always, Warren and
Paul.

Barry

— Section 1.2 —
It’s a small thing, but please use the BCP 14 boilerplate from RFC 8174
exactly (you left out “NOT RECOMMENDED” here).

— Section 4 —

   As stated in Section 1, this design explicitly only allows the local
   copy of the root zone information to be available only from resolvers

Nit: you don’t need both “only”s.  I suggest removing the first one.

---

From: Warren Kumari <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2020 09:57:09 +0400

> last call as soon as I send this message.  Nice work, as always, Warren and

Awesome, thank you.
Please let me / us know if you would like a new version posted with the
below comments addressed, or if you would prefer we wait until after LC
ends.

Thanks again,
W

> --
I don't think the execution is relevant when it was obviously a bad idea in
the first place.
This is like putting rabid weasels in your pants, and later expressing
regret at having chosen those particular rabid weasels and that pair of
pants.
   ---maf

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2020 01:01:14 -0500

No reason to do it now; it can wait.

b

On Fri, Feb 14, 2020 at 12:57 AM Warren Kumari <[email-masked]> wrote:

> I don't think the execution is relevant when it was obviously a bad idea
> in the first place.

---

From: Warren Kumari <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2020 12:07:37 +1100

Great, thanks!

W

On Fri, Feb 14, 2020 at 5:01 PM Barry Leiba <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>> I am handling this document as responsible AD because Warren, who would otherwise do it, is <strike>irresponsible</strike> an author of the document.
>>>
>>> I have only two comments, below, that are total nits, and I will request last call as soon as I send this message.  Nice work, as always, Warren and Paul.
>>
>>
>> Awesome, thank you.
>> Please let me / us know if you would like a new version posted with the below comments addressed, or if you would prefer we wait until after LC ends.
>>
>> Thanks again,
>> W
>>
>>
>>>
>>> Barry
>>>
>>> — Section 1.2 —
>>> It’s a small thing, but please use the BCP 14 boilerplate from RFC 8174 exactly (you left out “NOT RECOMMENDED” here).
>>>
>>> — Section 4 —
>>>
>> I don't think the execution is relevant when it was obviously a bad idea in the first place.
>> This is like putting rabid weasels in your pants, and later expressing regret at having chosen those particular rabid weasels and that pair of pants.
>>    ---maf

-- 
I don't think the execution is relevant when it was obviously a bad
idea in the first place.
This is like putting rabid weasels in your pants, and later expressing
regret at having chosen those particular rabid weasels and that pair
of pants.
   ---maf