Subject: [DNSOP] Last Call: <draft-ietf-dnsop-multi-provider-dnssec-04.txt> (Multi Signer DNSSEC models) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2020 06:33:21 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Domain Name System Operations WG
(dnsop) to consider the following document: - 'Multi Signer DNSSEC models'
  <draft-ietf-dnsop-multi-provider-dnssec-04.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2020-03-31. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Many enterprises today employ the service of multiple DNS providers
   to distribute their authoritative DNS service.  Deploying DNSSEC in
   such an environment may present some challenges depending on the
   configuration and feature set in use.  In particular, when each DNS
   provider independently signs zone data with their own keys,
   additional key management mechanisms are necessitated.  This document
   presents deployment models that accommodate this scenario and
   describe these key management requirements.  These models do not
   require any changes to the behavior of validating resolvers, nor do
   they impose the new key management requirements on authoritative
   servers not involved in multi signer configurations.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-multi-provider-dnssec/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-multi-provider-dnssec/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.