Subject: [DNSOP] Éric Vyncke's Yes on draft-ietf-dnsop-7706bis-10: (with COMMENT)

From: Éric Vyncke via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2020 06:59:56 -0700

Éric Vyncke has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-dnsop-7706bis-10: Yes

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-7706bis/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for the work put into this document. With the heavy load on this week
telechat and the workload related to the cancellation of the IETF-107 in-person
meeting, I must admit that this review was not as thorough as I had hope :-(

Please find below some non-blocking COMMENTs and NITs. An answer will be
appreciated to my first comment (and possible the other ones).

I hope that this helps to improve the document,

Regards,

-éric

== COMMENTS ==

Out of curiosity, was it considered to run the 'mirror root' on one global
anycast address of the root server, e.g., 2001:7fd::1, and modify the root
cache to only have this one? (I am sure that you know that Linux can have a
'local' route for any IPv4/IPv6 address to the loopback)

-- Section 1 --
Very minor, s/their customers,/their clients,/ as there is not always a contract

s/during network attacks/during network attacks against the root servers/ ?

The sentence in parenthesis "(Although the..." is important and deserves a
paragraph on its own IMHO.

-- Appendix B --
"were checked recently" means little thing... can you replace with "March 2020"
?

-- Section B.1 --
I would have preferred the use of "::1" rather than "127.12.12.12;" in the
example...