Subject: [DNSOP] Murray Kucherawy's No Objection on draft-ietf-dnsop-multi-provider-dnssec-04: (with COMMENT)

From: Murray Kucherawy via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2020 16:58:33 -0700

Murray Kucherawy has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-dnsop-multi-provider-dnssec-04: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-multi-provider-dnssec/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Just a bunch of nits here:

Section 3:
Nits:
* "... a certain amount of delay.  Or that downstream ..." -- s/. O/, o/
* "Details of how the DNSKEY RRset itself is validated differs." --
s/differs/differ/

Section 5:
Nits:
* "Authentiated denial of existence ..." -- s/Authentiated/Authenticated/

Section 5.2:
Nits:
* "... different authentiated denial methods ..." --
s/authentiated/authenticated/ * "Resolver software may be however designed ..."
-- s/may be however/may, however, be/ (or equivalent) * "... more optimally
than permanent setup ..." -- perhaps "more optimally than a permanent setup"? *
"... for a matching authentiated denial ..." -- s/authentiated/authenticated/

Section 7:
Nits:
* " A Combined Signing Key (CSK), is one ..." -- s/,//
* "i.e." should be "i.e.,"
* "In this case, any or all the providers could employ ..." -- s/all/all of/
* "... of all the other providers" -- s/all/all of/

Section 9:
Nits:
* "... with each others zone signing ..." -- s/others/other's/, and again later
in the same sentence

---

From: Shumon Huque <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2020 00:41:10 -0400

Thank you Murray.

Nits addressed in our repo ( https://github.com/shuque/multi-provider-dnssec
) and queued for next revision.

Shumon.