Subject: [DNSOP] Warren Kumari's Yes on draft-ietf-dnsop-multi-provider-dnssec-04: (with COMMENT)

From: Warren Kumari via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2020 06:39:56 -0700

Warren Kumari has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-dnsop-multi-provider-dnssec-04: Yes

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-multi-provider-dnssec/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

In general I try to include some background / context when putting documents up
for IESG Eval, but in this case there isn't much that I can say that isn't
already covered by the Abstract:
---
   Many enterprises today employ the service of multiple DNS providers
   to distribute their authoritative DNS service.  Deploying DNSSEC in
   such an environment may present some challenges depending on the
   configuration and feature set in use.  In particular, when each DNS
   provider independently signs zone data with their own keys,
   additional key management mechanisms are necessitated.  This document
   presents deployment models that accommodate this scenario and
   describe these key management requirements.  These models do not
   require any changes to the behavior of validating resolvers, nor do
   they impose the new key management requirements on authoritative
   servers not involved in multi signer configurations.
---