Subject: Re: [DNSOP] unsolicited HTTPSSVC responses

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2020 14:59:42 +0900 (JST)

> From: Petr Špaček <[email-masked]>
> On 27. 05. 20 1:05, Paul Vixie wrote:
>> than one kind of data in a single upstream DNS round trip. QDCOUNT>1 is not 
>> well defined and is broadly unimplemented. various other multiple-questions 
>> proposals have been made but nothing gets traction.
> 
> I would much rather spent time on
> https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bellis-dnsext-multi-qtypes-03

I don't like new protocol and big change like QDCOUNT>1.

Please check "dig +dnssec +norec @ns0.amsl.com ietf.org mx"
and "dig +dnssec +norec @ams.sns-pb.isc.org. _sip._udp.isc.org srv".

ietf.org authoritative servers add "mail.ietf.org A" in additiona
section (with RRSIG).

isc.org authoritative servers add "asterisk.isc.org A" in additional
section (with RRSIG).

Authoritative servers can add any A/AAAA RRs related to HTTPSSVC in
additional section. Then, adding new text that "authoritative servers
MAY add A/AAAA RRs related to HTTPSSVC RR in additional section".

Recent resolvers reject/accept additional section data.
(If they have RRSIGs, then they may be accepted).

--
Kazunori Fujiwara, JPRS <[email-masked]>