Subject: [DNSOP] DNS RR Type Allocation Request

From: Tim Wicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2020 16:51:59 -0400

Erik

You and I talked about this in the past, but I can't seem to find the
email.   I spent some time reading the new version over the weekend (sent
in a pull request, open an issue, usual annoying stuff I do) and think
we're ready to submit the RR request.

Have you filled out the request from 6895 already?
am glad to assist and we as chairs can speak up why we want this now and
make Warren say the same.

https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6895#appendix-A

My opinion - let's get the code point, spin the draft with the new version,
and try to get the WGLC last call going by the beginning of July at the
latest.

Thoughts?
(this goes for everyone not just Erik)

thanks
tim

---

From: Brian Dickson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2020 14:05:04 -0700

On Tue, Jun 16, 2020 at 1:52 PM Tim Wicinski <[email-masked]> wrote:

> My opinion - let's get the code point, spin the draft with the new
> version, and try to get the WGLC last call going by the beginning of July
> at the latest.
>
> Thoughts?

Thoughts: Yay, looking forward to implementing and deploying on authority
servers.
Nit: I think this should be "code points" (plural), one for HTTPS and one
for SVCB, right?

Brian

---

From: Vladimír Čunát <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2020 14:42:20 +0200

On 6/16/20 11:05 PM, Brian Dickson wrote:
> Nit: I think this should be "code points" (plural), one for HTTPS and
> one for SVCB, right?

There's even a new registry to be added.  Whole IANA section should get
"executed", I expect.

--Vladimir