Subject: [DNSOP] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-reddy-dnsop-error-page-02.txt

From: tirumal reddy <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2020 05:39:01 +0000

Hi all,

This revison https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-reddy-dnsop-error-page-02
addresses comments from Wes and Vittorio.
As a reminder, it discusses a method to return an URL that explains the
reason the DNS query was filtered. It is useful for HTTPS enabled domain
names blocked by DNS firewalls in Enterprise and Home networks. The error
page URL is returned along with the "Forged Answer" extended error code
defined in ietf-dnsop-extended-error.

Further comments and suggestions are welcome.

-Tiru

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2020 at 05:20
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-reddy-dnsop-error-page-02.txt
To: Dan Wing <[email-masked]>, Tirumaleswar Reddy.K <
[email-masked]>, Neil Cook <[email-masked]>, Mohamed Boucadair <
[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-reddy-dnsop-error-page-02.txt
has been successfully submitted by Tirumaleswar Reddy and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-reddy-dnsop-error-page
Revision:       02
Title:          DNS Access Denied Error page
Document date:  2020-07-27
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          11
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-reddy-dnsop-error-page-02.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-reddy-dnsop-error-page/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-reddy-dnsop-error-page-02
Htmlized:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-reddy-dnsop-error-page
Diff:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-reddy-dnsop-error-page-02

Abstract:
   When a DNS server filters a query the response conveys no detailed
   explanation of why the query was blocked, leading to end-user
   confusion.  This document defines a method to return an URL that
   explains the reason the DNS query was filtered.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat