Subject: Re: [DNSOP] Call for Adoption: draft-arends-private-use-tld

From: Tim Wicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2020 02:42:17 -0400

All

The call for adoption ended some time ago, and should have been resolved
relatively quickly.  However, given past controversies on related issues,
we engaged the IAB for their guidance because they are responsible for the
IETF’s liaison relationship with ICANN.

We discovered that understandably, the IAB is reluctant to get involved in
a discussion of a document that has not been adopted by the WG. (See
https://www.iab.org/documents/minutes/minutes-2020/iab-minutes-2020-09-09/)

This left us to decide on adoption based entirely on the WG discussion.
While we do not count “votes” in a call for adoption, it’s not a formal
consensus call either. In this case, we saw objections we think should be
dealt with, but there’s enough interest in the work to proceed with
adoption and work towards consensus.

We apologize to Roy for getting this dragged out.

tim

On Fri, Jun 12, 2020 at 11:12 AM Tim Wicinski <[email-masked]> wrote:

>
> All,
>
> As we stated in the meeting and in our chairs actions, we're going to run
> regular calls for adoptions over the next few months.   We are looking for
> *explicit* support for adoption.
>
>
> This starts a Call for Adoption for draft-arends-private-use-tld
>
> The draft is available here:
> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-arends-private-use-tld/
>
> Please review this draft to see if you think it is suitable for adoption
> by DNSOP, and comments to the list, clearly stating your view.
>
> Please also indicate if you are willing to contribute text, review, etc.
>
> This call for adoption ends: 26 June 2020
>
> Thanks,
> tim wicinski
> DNSOP co-chair
>