Subject: [DNSOP] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-reddy-dnsop-error-page-05.txt

From: tirumal reddy <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2020 10:20:06 +0530

Hi all,

This revision https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-reddy-dnsop-error-page-05
updates security considerations section to address comments from the WG
during the presentation at IETF-108.

As a reminder, it discusses a method to return an URL that explains the
reason the DNS query was filtered. It defines an Error page URI EDNS0
option to return an URI Template which when accessed provides the reason
the DNS query was filtered. The Error Page URI Template is protected with a
signature for data origin authentication. It discusses mandatory rules
(e.g., DoH and strict privacy profile in DoT) to process the Error page URI
EDNS0 option.

Further comments and suggestions are welcome.

Cheers,
-Tiru

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2020 at 11:25
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-reddy-dnsop-error-page-05.txt
To: Tirumaleswar Reddy.K <[email-masked]>, Mohamed Boucadair <
[email-masked]>, Neil Cook <[email-masked]>, Dan Wing
<[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-reddy-dnsop-error-page-05.txt
has been successfully submitted by Tirumaleswar Reddy and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-reddy-dnsop-error-page
Revision:       05
Title:          DNS Access Denied Error page
Document date:  2020-10-13
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          16
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-reddy-dnsop-error-page-05.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-reddy-dnsop-error-page/
Htmlized:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-reddy-dnsop-error-page
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-reddy-dnsop-error-page-05
Diff:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-reddy-dnsop-error-page-05

Abstract:
   When a DNS server filters a query, the response conveys no detailed
   explanation of why that query was blocked, leading thus to end-user
   confusion.  A solution is needed to enhance the user experience.

   This document defines a method to return an URI that explains the
   reason why a DNS query was filtered.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat