Subject: [DNSOP] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dnsop-server-cookies-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2020 03:56:15 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Domain Name System Operations WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Interoperable Domain Name System (DNS) Server Cookies
        Authors         : Ondrej Sury
                          Willem Toorop
                          Donald E. Eastlake 3rd
                          Mark Andrews
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dnsop-server-cookies-04.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2020-11-19

Abstract:
   DNS Cookies, as specified in [RFC7873], are a lightweight DNS
   transaction security mechanism that provide limited protection to DNS
   servers and clients against a variety of denial-of-service and
   amplification, forgery, or cache poisoning attacks by off-path
   attackers.

   This document provides precise directions for creating Server Cookies
   so that an anycast server set including diverse implementations will
   interoperate with standard clients.

   This document updates [RFC7873] with

   *  suggestions for constructing Client Cookies in a privacy
      preserving fashion,

   *  precise instructions for constructing Server Cookies deprecating
      the methods described in [RFC7873], and

   *  suggestions on how to update a server secret.

   An IANA registry listing the methods and associated pseudo random
   function suitable for creating DNS Server cookies is created, with
   the method described in this document as the first and as of yet only
   entry.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-server-cookies/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-dnsop-server-cookies-04.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dnsop-server-cookies-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/