Subject: [DNSOP] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dnsop-dns-catalog-zones-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 04 Dec 2020 14:33:36 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Domain Name System Operations WG of the IETF.

        Title           : DNS Catalog Zones
        Authors         : Peter van Dijk
                          Libor Peltan
                          Ondrej Sury
                          Willem Toorop
                          Leo Vandewoestijne
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dnsop-dns-catalog-zones-01.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2020-12-04

Abstract:
   This document describes a method for automatic DNS zone provisioning
   among DNS primary and secondary nameservers by storing and
   transferring the catalog of zones to be provisioned as one or more
   regular DNS zones.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-dns-catalog-zones/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-dnsop-dns-catalog-zones-01.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dnsop-dns-catalog-zones-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Willem Toorop <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2020 00:21:26 +0100

Hi All,

This new version has two new sections: "The Serial Property" and
"Implementation Status".

During the last hackathon at IETF-109, a new idea emerged where the
version of a member zone in a catalog (indicated by the member zone's
SOA serial number) is also in the catalog. This can help ensuring
dissemination of member zones in a catalog from the primary to the
secondary nameservers will happen in a timely fashion more reliably, and
can also alleviate the burden on primary nameservers in cases where
there are a large number of secondary nameservers serving a large number
of zones.

This is presented in the new section 5: "The Serial Property"

The section also presents three different ways to provide a "serial"
property with a member zone.

We invite the workgroup to review this section thoroughly, and discuss
whether or not this is a good idea, and if so, what way to provide a
"serial" property would be best.

The new section "Implementation Status", lists production ready
implementations, as well as upcoming and Proof of Concept
implementations. Experience gained during the IETF hackathon also
reported in this section.

Op 04-12-2020 om 23:33 schreef [email-masked]:
> _______________________________________________
> DNSOP mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dnsop
>