Subject: [DNSOP] Protocol Action: 'Interoperable Domain Name System (DNS) Server Cookies' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-dnsop-server-cookies-05.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2021 16:03:55 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Interoperable Domain Name System (DNS) Server Cookies'
  (draft-ietf-dnsop-server-cookies-05.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Domain Name System Operations Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Warren Kumari and Robert Wilton.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-server-cookies/

Technical Summary

DNS cookies, as specified in RFC 7873, are a lightweight DNS
transaction security mechanism. This document provides precise
directions for creating Server Cookies so that an anycast server
set including diverse implementations will interoperate with standard
clients.

Working Group Summary

There were several discussions during the working group process,
but they were all resolved.

Document Quality

   The document was the result of different interpretations of the original 
RFC that cause some implementation issues.  Appendix C points out there are 
several implementations that interact successfully.

Personnel

 Document Shepherd:  Tim Wicinski
Responsible Area Director: Warren Kumari