Subject: [DNSOP] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dnsop-nsec-ttl-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2021 02:51:05 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Domain Name System Operations WG of the IETF.

        Title           : NSEC(3) TTLs and NSEC Aggressive Use
        Author          : Peter van Dijk
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dnsop-nsec-ttl-02.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2021-01-29

Abstract:
   Due to a combination of unfortunate wording in earlier documents,
   aggressive use of NSEC(3) records may deny names far beyond the
   intended lifetime of a denial.  This document changes the definition
   of the NSEC(3) TTL to correct that situation.  This document updates
   RFC 4034, RFC 4035, and RFC 5155.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-nsec-ttl/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-dnsop-nsec-ttl-02.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dnsop-nsec-ttl-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Peter van Dijk <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2021 11:57:48 +0100

Hello,

I noticed that 5155 had another occurence of the wrong text. This
revision -02 updates that text too.

With this, I again believe the document is ready for WGLC. Chairs?

Kind regards,
-- 
Peter van Dijk
PowerDNS.COM BV - 
https://www.powerdns.com/

---

From: Tim Wicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2021 10:04:55 -0500

Peter

Thanks for catching the additional 5155 updates.

I also agree that I feel the document is ready for WGLC. There have been
some good reviews,
but I was hoping for 1 or 2 more.   We can use the WGLC process to
encourage a few reviews.

tim

On Fri, Jan 29, 2021 at 5:58 AM Peter van Dijk <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> DNSOP mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dnsop
>