Subject: [DNSOP] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dnsop-dns-catalog-zones-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2021 13:35:17 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Domain Name System Operations WG of the IETF.

        Title           : DNS Catalog Zones
        Authors         : Peter van Dijk
                          Libor Peltan
                          Ondrej Sury
                          Willem Toorop
                          Leo Vandewoestijne
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dnsop-dns-catalog-zones-02.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2021-02-22

Abstract:
   This document describes a method for automatic DNS zone provisioning
   among DNS primary and secondary nameservers by storing and
   transferring the catalog of zones to be provisioned as one or more
   regular DNS zones.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-dns-catalog-zones/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-dnsop-dns-catalog-zones-02.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dnsop-dns-catalog-zones-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Willem Toorop <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2021 12:35:02 +0100

Dear dnsop,

We have been thinking & working hard on how to facilitate:
  - updates,
  - state resets,
  - change of configuration,
  - change of ownership and
  - custom configuration
for member zones in a catalog zone, catering the best for operators and
different implementations. The current document reflects all those
mechanisms and approaches which we believe can work together nicely.
That said, the document is currently very much a work-in-progress on
which the dust has not yet settled. It is in a bit of a rough and
inconsistent shape for which we want to apologize.

We hope to tell you all about the recent developments on the document
during one of the dnsop sessions on Thursday the 11th of Match in the
upcoming IETF110!

Op 22-02-2021 om 22:35 schreef [email-masked]:
> _______________________________________________
> DNSOP mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dnsop
>