Subject: [DNSOP] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dnsop-nsec-ttl-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2021 09:15:08 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Domain Name System Operations WG of the IETF.

        Title           : NSEC and NSEC3 TTLs and NSEC Aggressive Use
        Author          : Peter van Dijk
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dnsop-nsec-ttl-04.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2021-02-18

Abstract:
   Due to a combination of unfortunate wording in earlier documents,
   aggressive use of NSEC and NSEC3 records may deny names far beyond
   the intended lifetime of a denial.  This document changes the
   definition of the NSEC and NSEC3 TTL to correct that situation.  This
   document updates RFC 4034, RFC 4035, RFC 5155, and RFC 8198.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-nsec-ttl/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-dnsop-nsec-ttl-04.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dnsop-nsec-ttl-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Peter van Dijk <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2021 18:21:12 +0100

Hello DNSOP,

with thanks to Matthijs and Paul who commented on -03:

* the 'incremental signer exception' is now part of all relevant
document updates
* added an explanation for the upgraded requirement level

> ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Kind regards,
-- 
Peter van Dijk
PowerDNS.COM BV - https://www.powerdns.com/