Subject: [DNSOP] Lars Eggert's No Objection on draft-ietf-dnsop-iana-class-type-yang-03: (with COMMENT)

From: Lars Eggert via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2021 05:42:40 -0700

Lars Eggert has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-dnsop-iana-class-type-yang-03: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-iana-class-type-yang/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Possible DOWNREF from this Standards Track doc to [IANA-DNS-PARAMETERS].
Possible DOWNREF from this Standards Track doc to [IANA-YANG-PARAMETERS].

Not sure if a normative reference to an IANA registry page is technically OK;
the document should probably normatively cite the RFCs that created these
registries instead, or maybe these can be converted to informative references?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All comments below are about very minor potential issues that you may choose to
address in some way - or ignore - as you see fit. Some were flagged by
automated tools (via https://github.com/larseggert/ietf-reviewtool), so there
will likely be some false positives. There is no need to let me know what you
did with these suggestions.

Section 1, paragraph 5, nit:
>  can then, for instance, run several different DNS server implementations in
>                              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Consider using "several".

Section 4, paragraph 17, nit:
> FC XXXX 5. Security Considerations This documents translates two IANA registr
>                                    ^^^^
Did you mean "these"?

Section 4, paragraph 17, nit:
> ty Considerations This documents translates two IANA registries into YANG dat
>                                  ^^^^^^^^^^
You should probably use "translate".

"Appendix A.", paragraph 6, nit:
> e corresponding IANA registries using a XSLT stylesheet from Appendix A of RF
>                                       ^
Use "an" instead of 'a' if the following word starts with a vowel sound, e.g.
'an article', 'an hour'.

These URLs point to tools.ietf.org, which is being deprecated:
 * https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfcXXXX

These URLs in the document did not return content:
 * https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfcXXXX

These URLs in the document can probably be converted to HTTPS:
 * http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform
 * http://www.iana.org/assignments