Subject: [DNSOP] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dnsop-glue-is-not-optional-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2021 08:09:22 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Domain Name System Operations WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Glue In DNS Referral Responses Is Not Optional
        Authors         : M. Andrews
                          Shumon Huque
                          Paul Wouters
                          Duane Wessels
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dnsop-glue-is-not-optional-01.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2021-07-12

Abstract:
   The DNS uses glue records to allow iterative clients to find the
   addresses of nameservers that are contained within a delegated zone.
   Servers are expected to return available glue records in referrals.
   If message size constraints prevent the inclusion of glue records in
   a UDP response, the server MUST set the TC flag to inform the client
   that the response is incomplete, and that the client SHOULD use TCP
   to retrieve the full response.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-glue-is-not-optional/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-dnsop-glue-is-not-optional-01.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dnsop-glue-is-not-optional-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/