Subject: [DNSOP] Last Call: <draft-ietf-dnsop-dnssec-iana-cons-02.txt> (Revised IANA Considerations for DNSSEC) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2021 14:49:09 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Domain Name System Operations WG
(dnsop) to consider the following document: - 'Revised IANA Considerations
for DNSSEC'
  <draft-ietf-dnsop-dnssec-iana-cons-02.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2021-09-16. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document changes the review requirements needed to get DNSSEC
   algorithms and resource records added to IANA registries.  It updates
   RFC 6014 to include hash algorithms for DS records and NSEC3
   parameters.  It also updates RFC 5155 and RFC 6014, which have
   requirements for DNSSEC algorithms, and updates RFC 8624 to say that
   algorithms that are described in RFCs that are not on standards track
   are only at the "MAY" level of implementation recommendation.  The
   rationale for these changes is to bring the requirements for DS
   records and for the hash algorithms used in NSEC3 in line with the
   requirements for all other DNSSEC algorithms.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-dnssec-iana-cons/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.