Subject: [DNSOP] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dnsop-dns-catalog-zones-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2021 12:37:58 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Domain Name System Operations WG of the IETF.

        Title           : DNS Catalog Zones
        Authors         : Peter van Dijk
                          Libor Peltan
                          Ondrej Sury
                          Willem Toorop
                          Leo Vandewoestijne
                          Peter Thomassen
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dnsop-dns-catalog-zones-04.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2021-10-25

Abstract:
   This document describes a method for automatic DNS zone provisioning
   among DNS primary and secondary nameservers by storing and
   transferring the catalog of zones to be provisioned as one or more
   regular DNS zones.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-dns-catalog-zones/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-dnsop-dns-catalog-zones-04.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dnsop-dns-catalog-zones-04

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Willem Toorop <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2021 10:31:34 +0200

Dear dnsop,

This draft describes a mechanism for automatic provisioning of zones
among authoritative name servers by way of distributing a catalog of
those zones encoded in a regular DNS zone.

This version of the draft is the result of thorough review and
discussion with the goal of getting it in shape for publication as RFC.

Besides rephrasing and reordering, predictability of owner names
("member labels") in the catalog zone is now left out of consideration.
As a result, the `epoch` property (a property specific for predictable
member labels) was removed.

This version of the draft has catalog zones specified to the best of our
ability and we request you to review it thoroughly with the documents
readiness for WGLC in mind.

Op 25-10-2021 om 21:37 schreef [email-masked]:
> _______________________________________________
> DNSOP mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dnsop
>