Subject: [DNSOP] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-dickson-dnsop-glueless-02.txt

From: Brian Dickson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2021 19:29:17 -0800

Dear DPRIVE and DNSOP,
Here is one of the drafts referenced in my presentation(s) on Thursday.
Brian

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, Sep 22, 2021 at 12:50 AM
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-dickson-dnsop-glueless-02.txt
To: Brian Dickson <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-dickson-dnsop-glueless-02.txt
has been successfully submitted by Brian Dickson and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-dickson-dnsop-glueless
Revision:       02
Title:          Operating a Glueless DNS Authority Server
Document date:  2021-09-22
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          9
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-dickson-dnsop-glueless-02.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dickson-dnsop-glueless/
Html:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-dickson-dnsop-glueless-02.html
Htmlized:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-dickson-dnsop-glueless
Diff:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-dickson-dnsop-glueless-02

Abstract:
   This Internet Draft proposes a method for protecting authority
   servers against MITM and poisoning attacks, using a domain naming
   strategy to not require glue A/AAAA records and use of DNSSEC.

   This technique assumes the use of validating resolvers.

   MITM and poisoning attacks should only be effective/possible against
   unsigned domains.

   However, until all domains are signed, this guidance is relevant, in
   that it can limit the attack surface of unsigned domains.

   This guidance should be combined with [I-D.dickson-dnsop-ds-hack]

The IETF Secretariat