Subject: [DNSOP] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-dickson-dnsop-ds-hack-02.txt

From: Brian Dickson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2021 19:29:43 -0800

Dear DPRIVE and DNSOP,
Here is one of the drafts referenced in my presentation(s) on Thursday.
Brian

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, Sep 19, 2021 at 2:42 PM
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-dickson-dnsop-ds-hack-02.txt
To: Brian Dickson <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-dickson-dnsop-ds-hack-02.txt
has been successfully submitted by Brian Dickson and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-dickson-dnsop-ds-hack
Revision:       02
Title:          DS Algorithms for Securing NS and Glue
Document date:  2021-09-19
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          6
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-dickson-dnsop-ds-hack-02.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dickson-dnsop-ds-hack/
Html:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-dickson-dnsop-ds-hack-02.html
Htmlized:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-dickson-dnsop-ds-hack
Diff:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-dickson-dnsop-ds-hack-02

Abstract:
   This Internet Draft proposes a mechanism to encode relevant data for
   NS records on the parental side of a zone cut by encoding them in DS
   records based on a new DNSKEY algorithm.

   Since DS records are signed by the parent, this creates a method for
   validation of the otherwise unsigned delegation records.

   Notably, support for updating DS records in a parent zone is already
   present (by necessity) in the Registry-Registrar-Registrant (RRR)
   provisioning system, EPP.  Thus, no changes to the EPP protocol are
   needed, and no changes to registry database or publication systems
   upstream of the DNS zones published by top level domains (TLDs).

   This NS validation mechanism is beneficial if the name server _names_
   need to be validated prior to use.

The IETF Secretariat