Subject: [DNSOP] RFC 9157 on Revised IANA Considerations for DNSSEC

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2021 16:32:08 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 9157

        Title:      Revised IANA Considerations for DNSSEC 
        Author:     P. Hoffman
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       November 2021
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      5
        Updates:    RFC 5155, RFC 6014, RFC 8624

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dnsop-dnssec-iana-cons-05.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc9157

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC9157

This document changes the review requirements needed to get DNSSEC
algorithms and resource records added to IANA registries. It updates
RFC 6014 to include hash algorithms for Delegation Signer (DS)
records and NextSECure version 3 (NSEC3) parameters (for Hashed
Authenticated Denial of Existence). It also updates RFCs 5155 and
6014, which have requirements for DNSSEC algorithms, and updates RFC
8624 to clarify the implementation recommendation related to the
algorithms described in RFCs that are not on the standards track. The
rationale for these changes is to bring the requirements for DS
records and hash algorithms used in NSEC3 in line with the
requirements for all other DNSSEC algorithms.

This document is a product of the Domain Name System Operations Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC