Subject: [dnssd] WGLC for draft-ietf-dnssd-srp

From: Kangping Dong <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2021 15:33:20 +0800

Hi,

I read the latest version of the SRP draft (draft-ietf-dnssd-srp-10) and I
think it is ready for publication.

I did make very detailed review of earlier version of this document and
created a server side implementation
in OpenThread code base (
https://github.com/openthread/openthread/blob/main/src/core/net/srp_server.hpp
).
Current SRP draft includes feedbacks and enhancements that we found
during the implementation and I believe
it is now providing great scalability and improving performance on at least
Thread networks. This is one of the key
technologies for application protocols that relies on service discovery
across Thread and Wi-Fi/Ethernet works.

BRs,
Kangping

---

From: Miś, Hubert <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2021 14:09:53 +0000

Hi,

I support publishing draft-ietf-dnssd-srp.

The only nit I spotted is repeated "This key pair MUST be unique to the
device" sentence in 2.2.5.1. section.

I believe this protocol will improve performance of home automation
services.

Best Regards,
-- 
Hubert

> Hi DNSSD enthusiasts,
>
> This email starts an official Working Group Last Call
> for draft-ietf-dnssd-srp. This call asks whether we believe the
document is
> ready for publication. As such we are asking two questions:
>
> 1) if you believe this document is not ready to publish, please speak
up
> now
>
> 2) if you have read the document and think it is ready, please say so
as
> well
>
> For this call to succeed, we'll need statements of explicit support
from
> people who have read the draft. Please send statements in either
direction
> as responses to this email. This call will be open until 2021-08-15
23:59
> UTC.
>
> Thanks,
> David
> _______________________________________________
> dnssd mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dnssd
>

---

From: Saurabh Kumar <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2021 13:40:41 -0700

Hi,

I'd like to add my support for publishing the draft-ietf-dnssd-srp.

We have been experimenting and getting familiar with the OpenThread
SRP implementation for Thread Border Routers and found that this
technique is critical for bridging the gap between Thread networks and
the Infrastructure network.

The OpenThread SRP implementation is also being used in Matter
<https://buildwithmatter.com/> and is already integrated into the
Matter SDK.

regards

Saurabh | Samsung SmartThings