Subject: [dnssd] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-tllq-tsr-00.txt

From: Ted Lemon <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2021 21:10:45 -0400

I've uploaded a new draft for the working group's consideration. This
solves the problem of what to do when two advertising proxies get updates
from the same host at two different times. Using normal mDNS conflict
resolution rules, the older (stale) update wins. This is correct behavior
for non-proxied mDNS, but obviously incorrect for proxied mDNS. The "Time
Since Registered" RR provides a way to indicate which mDNS advertisement is
more recent, so that conflict resolution can choose the less stale answer
rather than the more stale answer.

I'd be curious to hear what people think of this proposal.

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, Oct 22, 2021 at 9:06 PM
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-tllq-tsr-00.txt
To: 秦良 <[email-masked]>, Qin Liang <[email-masked]>, Ted
Lemon <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-tllq-tsr-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Ted Lemon and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-tllq-tsr
Revision:       00
Title:          A 'Time Since Registration' Resource Record for Multicast
DNS
Document date:  2021-10-22
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          7
URL:            https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-tllq-tsr-00.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-tllq-tsr/
Html:           https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-tllq-tsr-00.html
Htmlized:       https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-tllq-tsr

Abstract:
   This document defines a new DNS Resource Record (RR) to be used with
   multicast DNS.  The new RR is used to communicate the time at which
   the set of RRsets on a domain name were first registered.

The IETF Secretariat