Subject: [Dots] DOTS work priorities: encourage to start protocol work in parallel to use cases and requirements

From: Tobias Gondrom <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2015 20:24:05 +0100

Dear DOTS WG,

it is great to see that so many first drafts have come in.
And we are very happy to see that the first versions of the use case, 
requirements and protocol drafts have been posted.

We like to encourage people to start thinking and working on protocol 
drafts in parallel to the existing use case and requirements.

We appreciate that protocol drafts are the answer to use cases and 
requirements. But equally they can help to inform the use case and 
requirements discussions. Keeping in mind that running code is one of 
the main criteria for the IETF and the protocols are the ultimate output 
of our WG.

Therefore, please feel free to start working on more protocol and 
technical drafts.
When we meet in Yokohama or before when you read the various use cases 
and requirements, start thinking about how would an implementation look 
like. What would the protocols look like to fulfill these requirements.

All the best and see you soon in Yokohama.

Tobias & Roman (co-chairs)