Subject: [Dots] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dots-signal-call-home-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2019 01:11:16 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the DDoS Open Threat Signaling WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Distributed Denial-of-Service Open Threat Signaling (DOTS) Signal Channel Call Home
        Authors         : Tirumaleswar Reddy
                          Mohamed Boucadair
                          Jon Shallow
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dots-signal-call-home-03.txt
	Pages           : 28
	Date            : 2019-07-08

Abstract:
   This document specifies the DOTS signal channel Call Home service,
   which enables a DOTS server to initiate a secure connection to a DOTS
   client, and to receive the attack traffic information from the DOTS
   client.  The DOTS server in turn uses the attack traffic information
   to identify the compromised devices launching the outgoing DDoS
   attack and takes appropriate mitigation action(s).

   The DOTS Call Home service is not specific to the home networks; the
   solution targets any deployment which requires to block DDoS attack
   traffic closer to the source(s) of a DDoS attack.

Editorial Note (To be removed by RFC Editor)

   Please update these statements within the document with the RFC
   number to be assigned to this document:

   o  "This version of this YANG module is part of RFC XXXX;"

   o  "RFC XXXX: Distributed Denial-of-Service Open Threat Signaling
      (DOTS) Signal Channel Call Home";

   o  "| [RFCXXXX] |"

   o  reference: RFC XXXX

   Please update this statement with the RFC number to be assigned to
   the following documents:

   o  "RFC YYYY: Distributed Denial-of-Service Open Threat Signaling
      (DOTS) Signal Channel Specification (used to be I-D.ietf-dots-
      signal-channel)

   Please update TBD statements with the assignment made by IANA to DOTS
   Signal Channel Call Home.

   Also, please update the "revision" date of the YANG module.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dots-signal-call-home/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dots-signal-call-home-03
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-dots-signal-call-home-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dots-signal-call-home-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2019 08:15:19 +0000

Hi all, 

The new version integrates the comments received on the list (e.g., restructure the NAT/CGN text, clarify the attributes are mandatory for the call home, etc.). 

Also, this version includes an appendix provided by Wei (Pan) to discuss why we went for a separate port number instead of reusing 4646.

Comments are more than welcome. 

Cheers,
Med

> -----Message d'origine-----
> De : Dots [mailto:[email-masked]] De la part de internet-
> [email-masked]
> Envoyé : lundi 8 juillet 2019 10:11
> À : [email-masked]
> Cc : [email-masked]
> Objet : [Dots] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dots-signal-call-home-03.txt
> 
> 
>         Title           : Distributed Denial-of-Service Open Threat
> Signaling (DOTS) Signal Channel Call Home
> _______________________________________________
> Dots mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dots