Subject: [Dots] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dots-telemetry-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2020 04:55:21 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the DDoS Open Threat Signaling WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Distributed Denial-of-Service Open Threat Signaling (DOTS) Telemetry
        Authors         : Mohamed Boucadair
                          Tirumaleswar Reddy
                          Ehud Doron
                          Meiling Chen
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dots-telemetry-03.txt
	Pages           : 79
	Date            : 2020-03-02

Abstract:
   This document aims to enrich DOTS signal channel protocol with
   various telemetry attributes allowing optimal DDoS attack mitigation.
   This document specifies the normal traffic baseline and attack
   traffic telemetry attributes a DOTS client can convey to its DOTS
   server in the mitigation request, the mitigation status telemetry
   attributes a DOTS server can communicate to a DOTS client, and the
   mitigation efficacy telemetry attributes a DOTS client can
   communicate to a DOTS server.  The telemetry attributes can assist
   the mitigator to choose the DDoS mitigation techniques and perform
   optimal DDoS attack mitigation.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dots-telemetry/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dots-telemetry-03
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-dots-telemetry-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dots-telemetry-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2020 13:10:27 +0000

Re-,

This version integrates the following changes:
* clarify why we are using enumerations instead of identities.
* allow for a telemetry request to include a pointer mitigation requests.
* update the CBOR key values table to request whenever it makes sense for "X" and " ietf-dots-telemetry:X".

Cheers,
Med

> -----Message d'origine-----
> De : I-D-Announce [mailto:[email-masked]] De la part de
> [email-masked]
> Envoyé : lundi 2 mars 2020 13:55
> À : [email-masked]
> Cc : [email-masked]
> Objet : I-D Action: draft-ietf-dots-telemetry-03.txt
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> I-D-Announce mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
> Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
> or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt