Subject: Re: [Dots] Request to Display Your Work Externally

From: Benjamin Kaduk <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2020 13:15:13 -0700

Hi Michael,

If you feel that you need additional rights not already granted by the
in-RFC Copyright Notice (and referenced resources), you should contact the
IETF Trust, that holds the IETF's IPR in such works.  Please consult
https://tools.ietf.org/html/bcp78 and https://trustee.ietf.org/license-info
for the relevant details.

-Ben

On Mon, Aug 03, 2020 at 06:00:00AM -0700, Michael Steckler wrote:
> Dear Liang, Valery, and Benjamin,
> 
> I'm writing to you on behalf of Technology for Global Security
> <https://www.tech4gs.org/>. We are a West Coast-based nonprofit think tank
> that bridges tech, security, and policy. We are in the process of
> rebranding our website to the Institute for Security and Technology, and
> relaunching our website to include a free virtual library of DDoS-related
> educational materials. We would like to include the material on the IETF
> Datatracker website <https://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/dots/documents/> in
> our library.
> Further, we have identified the need to distribute educational resources
> about Distributed Denial of Services (DDoS) attacks to the global
> community. Some of the countries and organizations most vulnerable to DDoS
> attacks lack reliable sources of technical information and recommendations
> in their native languages, because these resources are primarily written in
> English for an English-speaking audience. As such, we are developing Machine
> Translation approaches to rapidly and accurately translate these technical
> documents. We have made significant progress in training a model for
> English to Mandarin machine translation of DDoS technical documents. To
> that end, we are requesting 1) your approval to host your original work on
> our site, granted that we provide a disclaimer indicating that this is not
> our own publication. In addition, we want to ask for 2) your approval to
> translate your work into Mandarin, as well as other languages, and host
> these translated versions of your work on our site, as we are also trying
> to reach a global audience. Thank you for your time and attention.
> Sincerely, Michael Steckler