Subject: [Dots] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dots-signal-call-home-13.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2021 05:04:31 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the DDoS Open Threat Signaling WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Distributed Denial-of-Service Open Threat Signaling (DOTS) Signal Channel Call Home
        Authors         : Tirumaleswar Reddy
                          Mohamed Boucadair
                          Jon Shallow
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dots-signal-call-home-13.txt
	Pages           : 44
	Date            : 2021-01-11

Abstract:
   This document specifies the DOTS signal channel Call Home, which
   enables a Call Home DOTS server to initiate a secure connection to a
   Call Home DOTS client, and to receive attack traffic information from
   the Call Home DOTS client.  The Call Home DOTS server in turn uses
   the attack traffic information to identify compromised devices
   launching outgoing DDoS attacks and take appropriate mitigation
   action(s).

   The DOTS signal channel Call Home is not specific to home networks;
   the solution targets any deployment in which it is required to block
   DDoS attack traffic closer to the source(s) of a DDoS attack.

Editorial Note (To be removed by RFC Editor)

   Please update these statements within the document with the RFC
   number to be assigned to this document:

   o  "This version of this YANG module is part of RFC XXXX;"

   o  "RFC XXXX: Distributed Denial-of-Service Open Threat Signaling
      (DOTS) Signal Channel Call Home";

   o  "| [RFCXXXX] |"

   o  reference: RFC XXXX

   Please update this statement with the RFC number to be assigned to
   the following documents:

   o  "RFC YYYY: Distributed Denial-of-Service Open Threat Signaling
      (DOTS) Signal Channel Specification" (used to be I-D.ietf-dots-
      rfc8782-bis)

   Please update TBD/TBA statements with the assignments made by IANA to
   DOTS Signal Channel Call Home.

   Also, please update the "revision" date of the YANG module.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dots-signal-call-home/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dots-signal-call-home-13
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-dots-signal-call-home-13

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dots-signal-call-home-13

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/