Subject: [Dtls-iot] FW: New Version Notification for draft-zhu-core-groupauth-00.txt

From: 齐旻鹏 <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2013 12:35:23 +0800

Dear all,

We have submitted a new draft about the group authentication for Internet-of-Things(IoT). This draft tries to analyze the authentication problem for group communication , to summarize group authentication requirement and to provide a framework of solutions.

It is related to multicast security for IoT so we think it would be better to be discussed in the BOF. All comments and suggested improvements are welcome.

BRs,
Minpeng

-----邮件原件-----
发件人: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
发送时间: 2013年6月24日 10:19
收件人: Ye Tian; Minpeng Qi; Judy Zhu
主题: New Version Notification for draft-zhu-core-groupauth-00.txt

A new version of I-D, draft-zhu-core-groupauth-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Judy Zhu and posted to the
IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-zhu-core-groupauth
Revision:	 00
Title:		 Group Authentication
Creation date:	 2013-06-24
Group:		 Individual Submission
Number of pages: 10
URL:             http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-zhu-core-groupauth-00.txt
Status:          http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-zhu-core-groupauth
Htmlized:        http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-zhu-core-groupauth-00

Abstract:
   The group communication is designed for the communication of Internet
   of Things. A threat is identified in [I-D.ietf-core-groupcomm] that
   current DTLS based approach is unicast oriented and there is no
   supporting on group authentication feature. Unicast oriented
   authentication will causing serious burden when a large number of
   terminal nodes will be involved inevitably. In another aspect, some
   terminals will own the same characteristics, such as owning same
   features, in the same place, working in the same time, etc. With this
   mechanism, all terminals can be authenticated together with little
   signaling and calculation at the same time. It will reduce the
   network burden and save time. This draft describes the security of
   group authentication and an group authentication implementation
   method for the Internet of things.

The IETF Secretariat

_______________________________________________
saag mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/saag