Subject: [Dtls-iot] CfP NOMS "Special Track on Privacy, Trust, Regulation, and Legal Issues"

From: Corinna Schmitt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 16:51:46 +0100

Dear DICE Members,

please, find below our call for paper for special track on "Privacy, 
Trust, Regulation, and Legal Issues" will be held at the IEEE/IFIP 
Network Operations and Management Symposium (NOMS 2014). Online version 
is available under: 
http://noms2014.ieee-noms.org/content/special-track-privacy-trust-regulation-and-legal-issues

We are looking forward for your submission and further forwarding and 
announcement of the call.

Regards,
Corinna

  Special Track on Privacy, Trust, Regulation, and Legal Issues

A special track on "Privacy, Trust, Regulation, and Legal Issues" will 
be held at the IEEE/IFIP Network Operations and Management Symposium 
(NOMS 2014) in Krakow, Poland, May 5--9, 2014. This special track is 
sponsored by the IEEE Communications Society and is supported by the EU 
FP7 Flamingo Network of Excellence research project and EU FP7 SmartenIT 
STREP project.
Following the success of previous editions of NOMS and the rising 
research in security issues, the main goal of this special track is to 
present the state-of-the-art research results and experience reports 
in the area of security, addressing amongst others currently important 
topics such as privacy, trust, regulation, and legal issues (correlating 
to economics and their effects) for the Future Internet, especially when 
data containing private and sensitive information is published in the 
Internet.
This special track should answer among others the following questions:

  * What regulations and legal issues exists that limit access to
    published data
  * How much trust is required between communication partners?
  * What privacy concerns exist when data is published?
  * Which solutions exist to bring trust into the Future Internet?
  * What requirements and challenges must be faced for security
    developments in the Future Internet?
  * What implications does Internet technology have for the concept of
    "nonpublic" information?

NOMS 2014 will combine original full paper presentations with a 
motivating keynote, quick hot topic presentations and a panel 
discussion. Furthermore, the session attendees will be stimulated to 
participate in interesting discussions amongst the attendees, such that 
all participants can take home lots of ideas for consideration in their 
ongoing research projects or start new research projects to address the 
challenging topics. To this end, short papers describing late-breaking 
advances and work-in-progress reports from ongoing research are also 
welcome.

      TOPICS OF INTEREST

Authors are invited to submit papers that fall into or are related to 
one or multiple topic areas listed below:

  * State-of-the-art analysis
  * Privacy and anonymity issues in the Future Internet
  * Descriptions and models of new threats to privacy
  * Experience reports from Future Internet experimental facilities
    set--up and results
  * Legal, regulative, and cost implications of data in transit
  * Legal and regulative impact of user's profile cloning, and leakage
    of sensitive information about the user
  * Understanding how trust emerges and evolves, and developing
    trustworthy services for Future Internet
  * Requirements, challenges, and associated costs for securing
    communications
  * Impact of new Internet architectures on privacy-- enhancing
    technologies and vice versa
  * Privacy and security issues and restrictions in monitoring network
    traffic
  * Regulations for data access in the Future Internet
  * Trusted computing technology
  * Security issues for constraint devices
  * Cyber security

      PAPER SUBMISSION

Paper submissions must present original, unpublished research or 
experiences. Only original papers that have not been published or 
submitted for publication elsewhere can be submitted. Each submission 
must be written in English, accompanied by a 75 to 200 words abstract 
that clearly outlines the  scope  and  contributions  of  the  paper. 
  There  is  a  length  limitation of 6 pages (including title, 
abstract, all figures, tables, and references) for regular papers and 4 
pages for short papers describing  work  in  progress.  Submissions 
  must  be  in  IEEE  2-column style.  Self-plagiarized  papers  will 
  be  rejected  without further  review.  Authors  should  submit  their 
  papers  via  JEMS: https://submissoes.sbc.org.br/home.cgi?c=1812.

      PROCEEDINGS

Papers accepted for special track on "Privacy, Trust, Regulation and 
Legal Issues" will be included in the conference proceedings, IEEE 
Xplore, IFIP database, and EI Index. IFIP and IEEE reserve the right to 
remove any paper from the IFIP database and IEEE Xplore, if the paper is 
not presented at the conference.

      SPECIAL TRACK CO-CHAIRS

  * Corinna Schmitt, University of Zürich, Switzerland
  * Sofie Verbrugge, iMinds, Belgium

      IMPORTANT DATES

  * Paper submission: January 15, 2014
  * Notification of acceptance: February 15, 2014
  * Final version of papers due: March 1, 2014
  * Workshop date: May 5, 2014

-- 

-- 

--