Subject: Re: [Dtls-iot] review part 2/2

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2015 20:36:26 +0100

Hi Thomas,

thanks for doing another proofreading.

I addressed all your comments except for one (see below).

-----------------------------------------------------------------

*From:*FOSSATI, Thomas (Thomas) [mailto:[email-masked]]
*Sent:* 06 March 2015 08:05
*To:* Hannes Tschofenig
*Subject:* review part 2/2

Hi Hannes, the last batch of my review comments.

(Today I'll be out of office and my connectivity could be spotty.)

Cheers, t

=-=-=-=-=-=-=

*Communication Models*

s/./: one for constrained clients (Section 4.1), and another for
constrained servers (Section 4.2).

[hannes] Fixed with one of the earlier reviews.

*Network Access Authentication Example*

s/Phyiscal layer like IEEE 802.11/802.15.4/Physical layer, e.g. IEEE
802.11/802.15.4/

[hannes] Fixed.

*Constrained TLS/DTLS Servers*

s/The entire process is likely to be controlled by a third party, the
authentication and authorisation server/The entire process is likely,
but not necessarily, controlled by a third party, the authentication and
authorisation server/

[hannes] Fixed.

  * Stray comma in the "Configuration" table

[hannes] Fixed.

s/A client must first and formost/A client must first and foremost/

[hannes] Fixed.

s/Since RD is not a proxy clients/Since RD is not a proxy, clients/

[hannes] Fixed with one of the earlier reviews.

*Appendix A.3*

Note that The source and destination ports MUST be encoded using the
Application port addressing scheme Information Element in the User Data
Header.

[hannes] Not quite sure to which paragraph this refers to.

s/The total overhead cost for encoding the WDP source and
destination ports is 7 bytes out of the total available for the SMS
content./The total overhead cost for encoding the WDP source and
destination ports is either 5 or 7 bytes out of the total available for
the SMS content depending on if 1-byte or 2-byte port identifiers are
used (see below)./

* Application port addressing scheme, 8 bit address:

0        1        2        3        4
+--------+--------+--------+--------+--------+
| ...    | 0x04   | 2      | ...    | ...    |
+--------+--------+--------+--------+--------+
  UDH      IEI      IE       Dest     Source
  Length            Length   Port     Port

* Application port addressing scheme, 16 bit address:

0        1        2        3        4        5        6
+--------+--------+--------+--------+--------+--------+--------+
| ...    | 0x05   | 4      |       ...       |       ...       |
+--------+--------+--------+--------+--------+--------+--------+
  UDH      IEI      IE       Dest              Source
  Length            Length   Port              Port

[hannes] Fixed text and added diagrams. It is useful to show this
graphically.

*Appendix C*

s/However, when the handshake is carried over a narrow-band radio
technology/However, an handshake that is carried over a narrow-band
radio technology/

s/can put a cost/can place a cost/

[hannes] Fixed.

Ciao
Hannes

---

From: "FOSSATI, Thomas (Thomas)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2015 21:31:47 +0000

Hi Hannes,

On 06/03/2015 19:36, "Hannes Tschofenig" <[email-masked]> wrote:
>[...]

Sorry this was just a note to self, you can safely ignore it.

Cheers and thanks.