Subject: [Dtls-iot] DTLS/TLS IoT Profile Draft Status

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2015 23:15:03 +0200

Hi Stephen,

based on your review we have created a number of tickets in the DICE WG
issue tracker, as you can see here:
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/dice/trac/report/1

Over the last few weeks we have been trying to resolve these issues and
here is the current status.

The updated draft can be found at:
https://github.com/hannestschofenig/tschofenig-ids/blob/master/dice-profile/draft-ietf-dice-profile-14.txt

* Replacing TLS_PSK_WITH_AES_128_CCM_8 with TLS_PSK_WITH_AES_128_CCM
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/dice/trac/ticket/24

Recommended Action: Close ticket based on CFRG discussion:
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/dtls-iot/current/msg00643.html

* Unique Key Pair per Device
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/dice/trac/ticket/25

Recommended Action: Close ticket based on your response:
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/dtls-iot/current/msg00623.html

* Interoperable Software Update Mechanism
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/dice/trac/ticket/26

Recommended Action: Close ticket based on our changes.

* Ed25519
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/dice/trac/ticket/27

Recommended Action: Close ticket based on our changes.

* IP Addresses in Certificates
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/dice/trac/ticket/28
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/dtls-iot/current/msg00625.html

### Still open ###

* Timer Setting
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/dice/trac/ticket/29

Recommended Action: Close ticket based on your response
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/dtls-iot/current/msg00642.html

* Reference to Heninger Paper
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/dice/trac/ticket/30

Recommended Action: Close ticket based on our changes.

* Reference to mathewson-no-gmtunixtime
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/dice/trac/ticket/31
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/dtls-iot/current/msg00628.html

### Still open ###

* Secure Time
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/dice/trac/ticket/32
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/dtls-iot/current/msg00629.html

### Still open ###

* Hardware-based Random Number Generator
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/dice/trac/ticket/33

Recommended Action: Close ticket based on our changes.

* RFC 7539 (ChaCha20 and Poly1305) a SHOULD/MUST implement?
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/dice/trac/ticket/34
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/dtls-iot/current/msg00632.html
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/cfrg/current/msg07082.html

### Still open ###

* Privacy Considerations
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/dice/trac/ticket/35

### Still open ###

* Appendix C. DTLS Fragmentation -- Not complete?
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/dice/trac/ticket/36
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/dtls-iot/current/msg00640.html

Recommended Action: Close ticket based on our changes.

* DTLS Server-Initiated Session Resumption
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/dice/trac/ticket/37

Recommended Action: Close ticket based on redrawn figure in Section 4.1.1.2.

* Certificate Chain in DTLS/TLS
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/dice/trac/ticket/38

Recommended Action: Close ticket based on our changes.

To summarize: I believe issues #24-#27, #29, #30, #33 #36, #37, and #38
can be closed.
Please confirm whether you are indeed happy with the suggested changes.

The following issues are still open: #28, #31, #32, #34, #35

Ciao
Hannes

---

From: Stephen Farrell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2015 22:21:21 +0100

Sorry for causing all that work;-)

> Please confirm whether you are indeed happy with the suggested changes.

I'll check and confirm this when I get a chance. If you don't hear
back by Tuesday (it's a holiday here Monday) please do hassle me.

Thanks,
S.

---

From: "FOSSATI, Thomas (Thomas)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2015 06:11:39 +0000

>e/draft-ietf-dice-profile-14.txt

(FWIW) side-by-side diff available at:

http://tools.ietf.org/tools/rfcdiff/rfcdiff.pyht?url1=https://tools.ietf.or
g/id/draft-ietf-dice-profile-13.txt&url2=https://raw.githubusercontent.com/
hannestschofenig/tschofenig-ids/master/dice-profile/draft-ietf-dice-profile
-14.txt

Cheers, t