Subject: [dtn-interest] Re: [ltp] update to sdnv draft
From: Stephen Farrell <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 21:55:54 +0100
List-Id: Delay Tolerant Networking Interest List <dtn-interest.mailman.dtnrg.org>

Hi Wes,

Seems like it ought be an individual submission as informational,
though I've no objection to it being an RG output (if you want that
we'll need to jump through some different, though not necessarily,
less tedious hoops),

S.

Wesley Eddy wrote:
> All of the helpful comments that I received on the SDNV draft were
> incorporated into an update:
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-eddy-dtn-sdnv-01.txt
> 
> I think this clarifies some of the questions people have had around
> SDNVs and the decisions that were made.  I think it is fairly complete
> and do not want to spend too many more cycles on it.  I'm not certain if
> it has any utility as either an RG document or an individual submission
> to the RFC-editor, or if it should just be left to expire.  Opinions from
> implementers of BP and/or LTP would be helpful in deciding.
> 
> --
> Wesley M. Eddy
> Verizon Federal Network Systems
> _______________________________________________
> ltp mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://irg.cs.ohiou.edu/mailman/listinfo/ltp
> 

Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 16:20:52 -0400
From: Wesley Eddy <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Subject: [dtn-interest] update to sdnv draft
Sender: [email-masked]

All of the helpful comments that I received on the SDNV draft were
incorporated into an update:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-eddy-dtn-sdnv-01.txt

I think this clarifies some of the questions people have had around
SDNVs and the decisions that were made.  I think it is fairly complete
and do not want to spend too many more cycles on it.  I'm not certain if
it has any utility as either an RG document or an individual submission
to the RFC-editor, or if it should just be left to expire.  Opinions from
implementers of BP and/or LTP would be helpful in deciding.

--
Wesley M. Eddy
Verizon Federal Network Systems

Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
From: "Kevin Fall" <[email-masked]>
To: "DTN" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 14:55:03 -0700
Organization: Intel Research Berkeley
Subject: [dtn-interest] tomorrow's meeting
Sender: [email-masked]

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_006B_01C6CB7B.1CA1A790
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Hi.  I will be on an airplane returning back to the west coast tomorrow
(wed), so will not be able to make the meeting.

On the plus side, we had data flowing through DTN between the ferry and
shore here at Woods Hole today.

Cheers,

- K

------=_NextPart_000_006B_01C6CB7B.1CA1A790
Content-Type: text/html;
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40">

<head>
<META HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii">
<meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 11 (filtered medium)">
<style>
<!--
 /* Style Definitions */
 p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0pt;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:Arial;
	color:windowtext;}
@page Section1
	{size:612.0pt 792.0pt;
	margin:72.0pt 90.0pt 72.0pt 90.0pt;}
div.Section1
	{page:Section1;}
-->
</style>
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
 <o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
 <o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
  <o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
 </o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]-->
</head>

<body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue vlink=3Dpurple>

<div class=3DSection1>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><font size=3D2 face=3DArial><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial'>Hi.&nbsp; I will be on an airplane returning back to =
the west
coast tomorrow (wed), so will not be able to make the =
meeting.<o:p></o:p></span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><font size=3D2 face=3DArial><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><font size=3D2 face=3DArial><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial'>On the plus side, we had data flowing through DTN =
between
the ferry and shore here at Woods Hole =
today.<o:p></o:p></span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><font size=3D2 face=3DArial><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><font size=3D2 face=3DArial><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial'>Cheers,<o:p></o:p></span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><font size=3D2 face=3DArial><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial'>- K<o:p></o:p></span></font></p>

</div>

</body>

</html>

------=_NextPart_000_006B_01C6CB7B.1CA1A790--

Content-class: urn:content-classes:message
Subject: RE: [dtn-interest] COTS Convergence Layer Adapters
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 10:31:17 +0200
From: "Pascal Thubert \(pthubert\)" <[email-masked]>
To: "Joerg Ott" <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>, "Omar Mukhtar" <[email-masked]>
Sender: [email-masked]

Would it make sense to define an ICMPv6 CL, at the same level as IPv6
Neighbor Discovery, making it mostly link layer independent? 

Pascal

>-----Original Message-----
>From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
>Joerg Ott
>Sent: Wednesday, August 23, 2006 9:48 AM
>To: [email-masked]
>Cc: [email-masked]; Omar Mukhtar
>Subject: Re: [dtn-interest] COTS Convergence Layer Adapters
>
>> In your opinion, what commercial link/network technologies would be
most
>> valuable to have convergence layer adapters written for, and why?
>
>Anything that allows efficient operation in ad-hoc mode.  We have been
>adapting the (previous version of the) TCP convergence to Bluetooth
>and have also added some device discovery stuff so that mobile nodes
>can locate each other efficiently.  You may want to have something
>for 802.15 and similar link layers.
>
>The motivation is clearly that you want to DTN-enable mobile phones
>and similar personal devices.
>
>> I am aware of TCP, UDP, and ETH CLs in DTN2.  I have heard on various
>> occasions that USB/Sneakernet, Bluetooth, and GPRS CLs are being
>> written.  What is the current status of these CLs?
>
>There are no real Internet Drafts as of yet, but interoperable
>implementations are ongoing.  Some pre-drafts exist and we are
>discussing these with Mike and others for interoperability.
>
>We found plain GPRS of little use as it much easier to run IP on
>top.
>
>> Are you working on (or plan to work shortly) on any CLs for the DTNRG
>> reference implementation?
>
>Yes, but rather for an interoperable implementation (which emphasizes
>the need for full specification).
>
>Joerg
>_______________________________________________
>dtn-interest mailing list
>[email-masked]
>http://mailman.dtnrg.org/mailman/listinfo/dtn-interest

Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 10:48:08 +0300
From: Joerg Ott <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
CC: [email-masked], Omar Mukhtar <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [dtn-interest] COTS Convergence Layer Adapters
Sender: [email-masked]

> In your opinion, what commercial link/network technologies would be most
> valuable to have convergence layer adapters written for, and why?

Anything that allows efficient operation in ad-hoc mode.  We have been
adapting the (previous version of the) TCP convergence to Bluetooth
and have also added some device discovery stuff so that mobile nodes
can locate each other efficiently.  You may want to have something
for 802.15 and similar link layers.

The motivation is clearly that you want to DTN-enable mobile phones
and similar personal devices.

> I am aware of TCP, UDP, and ETH CLs in DTN2.  I have heard on various
> occasions that USB/Sneakernet, Bluetooth, and GPRS CLs are being
> written.  What is the current status of these CLs?

There are no real Internet Drafts as of yet, but interoperable
implementations are ongoing.  Some pre-drafts exist and we are
discussing these with Mike and others for interoperability.

We found plain GPRS of little use as it much easier to run IP on
top.

> Are you working on (or plan to work shortly) on any CLs for the DTNRG
> reference implementation?

Yes, but rather for an interoperable implementation (which emphasizes
the need for full specification).

Joerg

From: Rajesh Krishnan <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Organization: BBN Technologies
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 20:45:30 -0400
Subject: [dtn-interest] COTS Convergence Layer Adapters
Sender: [email-masked]

All,

In your opinion, what commercial link/network technologies would be most
valuable to have convergence layer adapters written for, and why?

I am aware of TCP, UDP, and ETH CLs in DTN2.  I have heard on various
occasions that USB/Sneakernet, Bluetooth, and GPRS CLs are being
written.  What is the current status of these CLs?

Are you working on (or plan to work shortly) on any CLs for the DTNRG
reference implementation?

Best Regards,
Rajesh

========================================================================
Rajesh Krishnan, Ph.D.
Senior Scientist                     Email: [email-masked]
Internetwork Research Department     Phone: +1 617 873 4684
BBN Technologies                     Fax:   +1 617 873 6091
10 Moulton Street, Mailstop 6/5c     GPS:   N42Â°23.36' W71Â°08.86'
Cambridge, MA 02138, USA             Web:   http://www.ir.bbn.com/~krash
========================================================================

To: [email-masked]
From: Hans Kruse <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 13:42:28 -0400
Subject: [dtn-interest] dtnbone mailing list info
Sender: [email-masked]

--Apple-Mail-2--711794583
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset=US-ASCII;
	delsp=yes;
	format=flowed

I got several requests, so here it is again; you can subscribe to  
dtnbone at

http://irg.cs.ohiou.edu/mailman/listinfo/dtnbone

Thanks!

Hans Kruse, Professor
J. Warren McClure School of Information and Telecommunication Systems
Adjunct Associate Professor of Electrical Engineering and Computer  
Science
292 Lindley Hall, Ohio University, Athens, OH, 45701
740-593-4891 voice, 740-593-4889 fax

--Apple-Mail-2--711794583
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Content-Type: text/html;
	charset=US-ASCII

<HTML><BODY style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; -khtml-nbsp-mode: space; =
-khtml-line-break: after-white-space; "><DIV>I got several requests, so =
here it is again; you can subscribe to dtnbone at</DIV><DIV><BR =
class=3D"khtml-block-placeholder"></DIV><DIV><A =
href=3D"http://irg.cs.ohiou.edu/mailman/listinfo/dtnbone">http://irg.cs.oh=
iou.edu/mailman/listinfo/dtnbone</A></DIV><DIV><BR =
class=3D"khtml-block-placeholder"></DIV><DIV>Thanks!</DIV><BR><DIV> =
<SPAN class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"border-collapse: separate; =
border-spacing: 0px 0px; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; =
font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: =
normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; text-align: auto; =
-khtml-text-decorations-in-effect: none; text-indent: 0px; =
-apple-text-size-adjust: auto; text-transform: none; orphans: 2; =
white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; "><P style=3D"margin: =
0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px"><FONT face=3D"Helvetica" size=3D"3" =
style=3D"font: 12.0px Helvetica">Hans Kruse, Professor</FONT></P><P =
style=3D"margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px"><FONT face=3D"Helvetica" =
size=3D"3" style=3D"font: 12.0px Helvetica">J. Warren McClure School of =
Information and Telecommunication Systems</FONT></P><P style=3D"margin: =
0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px"><FONT face=3D"Helvetica" size=3D"3" =
style=3D"font: 12.0px Helvetica">Adjunct Associate Professor of =
Electrical Engineering and Computer Science</FONT></P><P style=3D"margin: =
0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px"><FONT face=3D"Helvetica" size=3D"3" =
style=3D"font: 12.0px Helvetica">292 Lindley Hall, Ohio University, =
Athens, OH, 45701</FONT></P><P style=3D"margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px =
0.0px"><FONT face=3D"Helvetica" size=3D"3" style=3D"font: 12.0px =
Helvetica">740-593-4891 voice, 740-593-4889 fax</FONT></P><BR =
class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline"></SPAN> </DIV><BR></BODY></HTML>=

--Apple-Mail-2--711794583--

To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
From: Hans Kruse <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 12:46:34 -0400
Subject: [dtn-interest] DTN Testbed Discussion
Sender: [email-masked]

--Apple-Mail-3--715147996
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset=US-ASCII;
	delsp=yes;
	format=flowed

I want to welcome everyone to the dtnbone mailing list.  Please note  
that I have copied dtn-interest one more time on this message, please  
trim dtn-interest from your replies -- future message threads will  
only take place on dtnbone to keep from cluttering the main list.

It seems to me that we should start discussions in three areas:

- Administration
-- Getting systems placed outside firewalls for corporate and  
government users
-- Controlling and coordinating access to systems on the dtnbone

- Interoperability
-- definition of adaptation layers, e.g. LTP over UDP, Bundling over  
TCP, etc.

- Infrastructure
-- even though transport of the dtnbone traffic will occur on the  
internet, we will need traffic shapers and link emulators in the  
infrastructure to insure that dtn traffic is delivered to a test bed  
node consistent with the way traffic would arrive in the deep space  
network (error models and delays).

Are there any other areas that need to be addressed?

Hans Kruse, Professor
J. Warren McClure School of Information and Telecommunication Systems
Adjunct Associate Professor of Electrical Engineering and Computer  
Science
292 Lindley Hall, Ohio University, Athens, OH, 45701
740-593-4891 voice, 740-593-4889 fax

--Apple-Mail-3--715147996
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Content-Type: text/html;
	charset=ISO-8859-1

<HTML><BODY style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; -khtml-nbsp-mode: space; =
-khtml-line-break: after-white-space; "><DIV>I want to welcome everyone =
to the dtnbone mailing list.=A0 Please note that I have copied =
dtn-interest one more time on this message, please trim dtn-interest =
from your replies -- future message threads will only take place on =
dtnbone to keep from cluttering the main list.</DIV><DIV><BR =
class=3D"khtml-block-placeholder"></DIV><DIV>It seems to me that we =
should start discussions in three areas:</DIV><DIV><BR =
class=3D"khtml-block-placeholder"></DIV><DIV>- =
Administration</DIV><DIV>-- Getting systems placed outside firewalls for =
corporate and government users</DIV><DIV>-- Controlling and coordinating =
access to systems on the dtnbone</DIV><DIV><BR =
class=3D"khtml-block-placeholder"></DIV><DIV>- =
Interoperability</DIV><DIV>-- definition of adaptation layers, e.g. LTP =
over UDP, Bundling over TCP, etc.</DIV><DIV><BR =
class=3D"khtml-block-placeholder"></DIV><DIV>- =
Infrastructure</DIV><DIV>-- even though transport of the dtnbone traffic =
will occur on the internet, we will need traffic shapers and link =
emulators in the infrastructure to insure that dtn traffic is delivered =
to a test bed node consistent with the way traffic would arrive in the =
deep space network (error models and delays).</DIV><DIV><BR =
class=3D"khtml-block-placeholder"></DIV><DIV>Are there any other areas =
that need to be addressed?</DIV><BR><DIV> <SPAN class=3D"Apple-style-span"=
 style=3D"border-collapse: separate; border-spacing: 0px 0px; color: =
rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: =
normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: =
normal; line-height: normal; text-align: auto; =
-khtml-text-decorations-in-effect: none; text-indent: 0px; =
-apple-text-size-adjust: auto; text-transform: none; orphans: 2; =
white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; "><P style=3D"margin: =
0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px"><FONT face=3D"Helvetica" size=3D"3" =
style=3D"font: 12.0px Helvetica">Hans Kruse, Professor</FONT></P><P =
style=3D"margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px"><FONT face=3D"Helvetica" =
size=3D"3" style=3D"font: 12.0px Helvetica">J. Warren McClure School of =
Information and Telecommunication Systems</FONT></P><P style=3D"margin: =
0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px"><FONT face=3D"Helvetica" size=3D"3" =
style=3D"font: 12.0px Helvetica">Adjunct Associate Professor of =
Electrical Engineering and Computer Science</FONT></P><P style=3D"margin: =
0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px"><FONT face=3D"Helvetica" size=3D"3" =
style=3D"font: 12.0px Helvetica">292 Lindley Hall, Ohio University, =
Athens, OH, 45701</FONT></P><P style=3D"margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px =
0.0px"><FONT face=3D"Helvetica" size=3D"3" style=3D"font: 12.0px =
Helvetica">740-593-4891 voice, 740-593-4889 fax</FONT></P><BR =
class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline"></SPAN> </DIV><BR></BODY></HTML>=

--Apple-Mail-3--715147996--

To: [email-masked]
From: Hans Kruse <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 10:50:41 -0400
Subject: [dtn-interest] DTN Test Bed Collaboration
Sender: [email-masked]

--Apple-Mail-2--981301183
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset=US-ASCII;
	delsp=yes;
	format=flowed

At the close of the Mini-Workshops on Deep Space Communication  
Protocols at SMC-IT, I agreed to serve as a facilitator for  
discussion on how to create a world-wide test bed for Deep Space  
Protocols.  To be precise, we are of course talking about a virtual  
network running over the Internet.

As a first step, we have established a mailing list for the  
"dtnbone" ;).

To subscribe, please go to http://irg.cs.ohiou.edu/mailman/listinfo/ 
dtnbone
To send to the list, use [email-masked]

I will wait for a few days to allow people to subscribe, and then  
intend to restart the discussion we had in Pasadena.  We will also  
have a web site up shortly, which we will announce here as well as on  
the dtnbone list.

Hans Kruse, Professor
J. Warren McClure School of Information and Telecommunication Systems
Adjunct Associate Professor of Electrical Engineering and Computer  
Science
292 Lindley Hall, Ohio University, Athens, OH, 45701
740-593-4891 voice, 740-593-4889 fax

--Apple-Mail-2--981301183
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Content-Type: text/html;
	charset=ISO-8859-1

<HTML><BODY style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; -khtml-nbsp-mode: space; =
-khtml-line-break: after-white-space; "><DIV>At the close of the =
Mini-Workshops on Deep Space Communication Protocols at SMC-IT, I agreed =
to serve as a facilitator for discussion on how to create a world-wide =
test bed for Deep Space Protocols.=A0 To be precise, we are of course =
talking about a virtual network running over the Internet.</DIV><DIV><BR =
class=3D"khtml-block-placeholder"></DIV><DIV>As a first step, we have =
established a mailing list for the "dtnbone" ;).</DIV><DIV><BR =
class=3D"khtml-block-placeholder"></DIV><DIV>To subscribe, please go =
to=A0<A =
href=3D"http://irg.cs.ohiou.edu/mailman/listinfo/dtnbone">http://irg.cs.oh=
iou.edu/mailman/listinfo/dtnbone</A></DIV><DIV>To send to the list, =
use=A0<A =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</A></DIV=
><DIV><BR class=3D"khtml-block-placeholder"></DIV><DIV>I will wait for a =
few days to allow people to subscribe, and then intend to restart the =
discussion we had in Pasadena.=A0 We will also have a web site up =
shortly, which we will announce here as well as on the dtnbone =
list.</DIV><BR><DIV> <SPAN class=3D"Apple-style-span" =
style=3D"border-collapse: separate; border-spacing: 0px 0px; color: =
rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: =
normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: =
normal; line-height: normal; text-align: auto; =
-khtml-text-decorations-in-effect: none; text-indent: 0px; =
-apple-text-size-adjust: auto; text-transform: none; orphans: 2; =
white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; "><P style=3D"margin: =
0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px"><FONT face=3D"Helvetica" size=3D"3" =
style=3D"font: 12.0px Helvetica">Hans Kruse, Professor</FONT></P><P =
style=3D"margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px"><FONT face=3D"Helvetica" =
size=3D"3" style=3D"font: 12.0px Helvetica">J. Warren McClure School of =
Information and Telecommunication Systems</FONT></P><P style=3D"margin: =
0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px"><FONT face=3D"Helvetica" size=3D"3" =
style=3D"font: 12.0px Helvetica">Adjunct Associate Professor of =
Electrical Engineering and Computer Science</FONT></P><P style=3D"margin: =
0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px"><FONT face=3D"Helvetica" size=3D"3" =
style=3D"font: 12.0px Helvetica">292 Lindley Hall, Ohio University, =
Athens, OH, 45701</FONT></P><P style=3D"margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px =
0.0px"><FONT face=3D"Helvetica" size=3D"3" style=3D"font: 12.0px =
Helvetica">740-593-4891 voice, 740-593-4889 fax</FONT></P><BR =
class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline"></SPAN> </DIV><BR></BODY></HTML>=

--Apple-Mail-2--981301183--

Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 11:27:58 +0200 (CEST)
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Importance: Normal
Subject: [dtn-interest] Message from the mountains
Sender: [email-masked]

Greetings DTNers from the SNC (Saami Network Connectivity) project,

This message is being from somewhere in the Swedish mountains over a DTN,
and I'm sitting here among millions of mosquitos as I write this. :)

In the SNC project we have over the last week had a field test in which we
have deployed a DTN in the Swedish mountains in cooperation with some
Saami camps. We have deployed a system with DTN and PRoPHET routing, and
have been able to successfully transfer web content as well as both send
and receive e-mail.

A more thorough report will be written once we get back, and a link to it
will be posted here, but for now we just wanted to report that a DTN had
successfully been deployed here.
We'll be heading back to more densely populated areas tomorrow.

/Anders

Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 21:04:17 -0400
From: Jayram Deshpande <[email-masked]>
To: DTN interest Group <[email-masked]>, DTN users Group <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Subject: [dtn-interest] Our Java Implementation of Bundle Protocol
Sender: [email-masked]

--vtzGhvizbBRQ85DL
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Disposition: inline
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Hi Folks,

The first release of our Bundling Protocol Reference Implementation (version
1.0) is now ready. It is implemented in Java 1.5, and does most of the spec=
s.
from the bundling draft (version 04);=20
(Custody transfer is not implemented yet.)

Its available at :
http://irg.cs.ohiou.edu/ocp/bundling.html

Our implementation is based upon some of the design=20
methodologies that DTN2 works upon. So all of us here, who
are familiar with DTN2 code can work easily with our BP-RI.=20

The BP-RI supports just LTP as a convergence layer, currently, interfacing =
with
our LTP-RI implementation in Java. LTP-RI has also been updated getting some
minor designs and bug-fixes along the way. LTP-RI, BTW, is also available h=
ere:

http://irg.cs.ohiou.edu/ocp/ltp.html

- Jayram.

--=20
"The life is short,the vanities of world are transient
 but they alone live who live for others; the rest are=20
 more dead than alive."-Swami Vivekananda
------------------------------------------------------
JAyram Deshpande            www.ent.ohiou.edu/~jayram
------------------------------------------------------
=20

--vtzGhvizbBRQ85DL
Content-Type: application/pgp-signature
Content-Disposition: inline

--vtzGhvizbBRQ85DL--

Content-class: urn:content-classes:message
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2006 13:15:10 -0400
From: "Symington, Susan F." <[email-masked]>
To: "DTNRG" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Durst, Robert C." <[email-masked]>, "Scott, Keith L." <[email-masked]>
Subject: [dtn-interest] DTN Custodial Multicast Extensions draft
Sender: [email-masked]

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------_=_NextPart_001_01C6B58E.0BF394B1
Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
	boundary="----_=_NextPart_002_01C6B58E.0BF394B1"

------_=_NextPart_002_01C6B58E.0BF394B1
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

All,
=20
Attached is a draft document defining optional extensions to the bundle
protocol for supporting custodial multicast delivery of bundles within
a DTN. The approach defined in the attached document is somewhat
different (less cumbersome, more stateful) than that approach that we
had presented at past DTN RG meetings.=20
=20
We would very much appreciate receiving your feedback and comments.
Thanks.
=20
-susan
=20
*****************************************************************
Susan Symington
The MITRE Corporation
[email-masked]
703-983-7209 (voice)
703-983-7142 (fax)
******************************************************************
=20

------_=_NextPart_002_01C6B58E.0BF394B1
Content-Type: text/html;
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2900.2912" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><SPAN=20
class=3D516330717-01082006>All,</SPAN></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><SPAN=20
class=3D516330717-01082006></SPAN></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><SPAN =
class=3D516330717-01082006>Attached is a draft=20
document defining optional extensions to the bundle protocol for =
supporting=20
custodial multicast delivery of bundles within a DTN. The approach =
defined in=20
the attached&nbsp;document is somewhat different&nbsp;(less cumbersome, =
more=20
stateful) than that approach that we had presented at past DTN RG =
meetings.=20
</SPAN></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><SPAN=20
class=3D516330717-01082006></SPAN></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><SPAN class=3D516330717-01082006>We =
would very much=20
appreciate receiving your feedback and comments. =
Thanks.</SPAN></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><SPAN=20
class=3D516330717-01082006></SPAN></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><SPAN=20
class=3D516330717-01082006>-susan</SPAN></FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV align=3Dleft><FONT face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>****************************************************************=
*</FONT></DIV>
<DIV align=3Dleft><FONT face=3D"Courier New">Susan =
Symington</FONT></DIV>
<DIV align=3Dleft><FONT face=3D"Courier New">The MITRE =
Corporation</FONT></DIV>
<DIV align=3Dleft><FONT face=3D"Courier =
New">[email-masked]</FONT></DIV>
<DIV align=3Dleft><FONT face=3D"Courier New">703-983-7209 =
(voice)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV align=3Dleft><FONT face=3D"Courier New">703-983-7142 =
(fax)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV align=3Dleft><FONT face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>****************************************************************=
**</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------_=_NextPart_002_01C6B58E.0BF394B1--

------_=_NextPart_001_01C6B58E.0BF394B1
Content-Type: text/plain;
	name="draft-irtf-dtnrg-bundle-multicast-custodial-pre00.txt"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Description: draft-irtf-dtnrg-bundle-multicast-custodial-pre00.txt
Content-Disposition: attachment;
	filename="draft-irtf-dtnrg-bundle-multicast-custodial-pre00.txt"

------_=_NextPart_001_01C6B58E.0BF394B1--