Subject: [dtn-interest] [CFP] IEEE SECON 2012 Poster and Demo session

From: Konstantinos Pelechrinis <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2012 23:13:59 -0400

IEEE SECON 2012 will include poster/demonstration sessions that shall
provide a forum to present and discuss: works in progress, industry
demonstrations of new applications and techniques, practical
implementations, industrial and commercial developments, research testbeds
and demonstrations, recent research/implementation results, upcoming
research challenges, future directions, and novel approaches in the fields
of sensor, mesh and ad hoc communications and networks. One of the key
goals of this conference is to foster collaboration between industry and
academia. Hence, participation of researchers/developers from industry and
posters/demonstrations reporting joint work between industry and academia
are especially encouraged.

Poster submissions should be in the form of a short paper/abstract
describing the main contributions and the merits of the proposed ideas as
well as reporting initial results and the challenges towards a full fledged
solution of the problem under consideration. Abstracts will be evaluated
mainly based on their potential to stimulate interesting discussions,
exchange of ideas and promote collaborations. Demonstration submissions
will also be on the basis of a short paper/abstract describing a prototype
system and/or an interesting implementation concept.  They should also
include the space requirements and/or any other equipment-specific
requirements. Submissions should not be more than three pages (preferably
IEEE conference format, 2-column) in length. The documents must contain the
authors' names, affiliations, and contact information and the designated
corresponding author.

Accepted authors of posters/demos will have a space in the poster/demo
session room to display their posters or exhibit their demos and describe
their work in discussions with interested attendees. Moreover, the abstract
of the accepted posters/demos will appear in IEEE Xplore. IEEE
Communications Society policy states that all accepted IEEE SECON 2012
posters/demos require at least a one day registration. For authors
co-authoring multiple posters/demos, a one day registration is valid for up
to three presentations. In addition, there needs to be at least one person
per poster/demo registered for one day in order for the abstract to appear
in IEEE Xplore.

*Awards: *This year we will also run a best poster and best demo award
competition.  The awards will be based both on the novelty and the
potentials of the poster/demo to drive further research (based on the
reviews) as well as on the attraction it will get from the attendees.  The
awards will be announced at the end of the sessions.

*Please submit the proposal through the emails (Please use the title:
"SECON 2012 - X", where X is Demo or Poster) :*

   - *Posters:* [email-masked]
   - *Demos:* [email-masked]

Any questions can be addressed to Poster/Demo Co-Chairs.

*Poster/demo submission opens: *March 15, 2012

*Poster/demo submission deadline:* April 29, 2012

*Acceptance notification:* May 13, 2012

-- 
------------------------------

Konstantinos Pelechrinis
Assistant Professor
School of Information Sciences
Telecommunications and Networking Program
University of Pittsburgh
Web: http://www.sis.pitt.edu/~kpele
Tel  : (412) 624 9417
Fax : (412) 624 2788
----------------------------------------