Subject: [dtn-interest] [IEEE AOC 2012] Call for Participation

From: Chiara Boldrini <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 19:03:17 +0200

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          CALL FOR PARTICIPATION                                  
                      Sixth IEEE WoWMoM Workshop on                           
           Autonomic and Opportunistic Communications (AOC 2012)              
              June 25, 2012 - San Francisco, California, USA                           
                      http://cnd.iit.cnr.it/aoc2012/					

                         jointly supported by the                             

                           SCAMPI project                                    
               funded by the FP7-ICT Programme under the                     
      Future Internet Research and Experimentation (FIRE) initiative         
                      http://www.ict-scampi.eu/   

                                 and

                           RECOGNITION project                               
               funded by the FP7-ICT Programme under the                     
           Future and Emerging Technologies (FET) initiative                 
                    http://www.recognition-project.eu/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The diffusion of lightweight,  powerful  portable devices,  also enriched with a
variety of sensing capabilities,  is enabling new ways for users' communication,
and laying the foundation for realizing  the ubiquitous networking idea.  Acting
either  as  the  main communication mode  or as complement  to  existing  mobile
network infrastructures, opportunistic networking  can leverage  the mobility of
end  users  and  enhance their  communication  capabilities.   The opportunistic
exploitation of extemporary  contacts  among  the users of the network paves the
way to a  number of applications but also poses  new and challenging problems to
the  networking research community.

AOC 2012  brings together  researchers  from academia  and  industry, to present
recent advances  in both  theoretical  and experimental  research in the area of
opportunistic  and autonomic  networking, to  exchange ideas, discuss solutions,
and  share  experiences. 

The workshop features a strong technical program organized  in three sessions, a
keynote speech, and  a panel discussion.  AOC attendees  have  access to all the 
events  associated  with the WoWMoM  Conference, which  include   six additional
workshops.

Looking forward to seeing you in San Francisco on June 25!
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

KEYNOTE SPEECH
--------------
What can social networks tell us about the external world?
Seth Myers (Stanford University, US)

SESSION I: Sharing content and memory in opportunistic networks
---------------------------------------------------------------
Caching Strategies in Opportunistic Networks
Sylvia T. Kouyoumdjieva (KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden)
Sanpetch Chupisanyarote (KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden)
Olafur R Helgason (KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden)
Gunnar Karlsson (KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden)

Addressing Non-Homogeneities in a Ubiquitous P2P Platform for Context Exchange
Ayis Ziotopoulos (Google, USA)
Gustavo de Veciana (The University of Texas at Austin, USA)

Delay Tolerant Lazy Release Consistency for Distributed Shared Memory in Opportunistic Networks
Chance Eary (University of Texas at Arlington, USA)
Mohan J Kumar (The University of Texas at Arlington, USA)

What a juke! A collaborative music sharing system
Zhaofei Chen (KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden)
Emre A. Yavuz (KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden)
Gunnar Karlsson (KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden)

SESSION II: Analytical models for opportunistic networks
--------------------------------------------------------
Modelling the Delay Distribution of Binary Spray and Wait Routing Protocol
Remi Diana (CNES/TeSA - ISAE, France)
Emmanuel Lochin (University of Toulouse - ISAE / LAAS-CNRS, France)

Message fragmentation for a chain of disrupted links
Philip Ginzboorg (Nokia Research Center, Finland)
Valtteri Niemi (Nokia, Switzerland)
Joerg Ott (Aalto University, Finland)

Performance Modeling of Delay Tolerant Network Routing via Queueing Petri Nets
Rajkishan Gunasekaran (Indian Institute of Technology Madras, India)
Veeramani Mahendran (Indian Institute of Technology, India)
Siva Ram Murthy (IIT Madras, India)

SESSION III: Algorithms for opportunistic networks
--------------------------------------------------
Ferry Access Points and Sticky Transfers: Improving Communication in Ferry-assisted DTNs
Farzana Yasmeen (The Graduate University for Advanced Studies, Japan)
Md. Nurul Huda (National Institute of Informatics, Japan)
Cristian Borcea (New Jersey Institute of Technology, USA)
Shigeki Yamada (National Institute of Informatics, Japan)

Opportunistic Routing Based on Daily Routines
Waldir Moreira (Research Unit in Informatics Systems and Technologies, Portugal)
Paulo Mendes (SITI, University Lusofona, Portugal)
Susana Sargento (Instituto de Telecomunicacoes, Universidade de Aveiro, Portugal)

PANEL SESSION - Jointly organized with the D-SPAN workshop
----------------------------------------------------------
Privacy in Future Computation and Communication Platforms
Panelists:
Levente Buttyan (Budapest University of Technology and Economics, Hungary)
Sajal K. Das (University of Texas at Arlington, USA)
Philip Ginzboorg (Nokia, Finland)
Loukas Lazos (University of Arizona, USA)
Melek Onen (EURECOM, France)

====================================================
Chiara Boldrini, Ph.D.
Researcher

Institute for Informatics and Telematics (IIT)
Italian National Research Council (CNR)
phone:  +39 050 315 3504 (direct)
email:  [email-masked]
homepage: http://cnd.iit.cnr.it/chiara/
====================================================