Subject: [dtn-interest] IEEE PerCom 2013 Workshops - Combined Call for Papers

From: Chiara Boldrini<[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2012 16:00:02 +0200

*** Our Sincere Apologies if you receive multiple copies of this message ***

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
COMBINED CALL FOR PAPERS for Workshops at
PerCom 2013 - http://www.percom.org/
IEEE International Conference on Pervasive Computing and Communications
18-22 March 2013, San Diego, USA
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The IEEE Pervasive Computing and Communication (PerCom) conference, entering its
11th year, is the worldwide  premier scholarly venue  in the  areas of pervasive 
computing and communications. Since 2003, the conference has grown significantly
in terms of quality and variety of the technical programs -  it is recognized as
a top tier conference  by most universities and organizations  across the world.
The 2013 conference will be held  in  San Diego, California, USA at the Kona Kai 
Resort. 

This call is a general call for ALL WORKSHOPS. 

We are  happy to announce the following  13  workshops  that complement the main 
PerCom conference as well as provide a  forum for researchers to discuss special
interest areas within pervasive computing and communications.

Detailed information  about  the individual workshop's scope,  paper  submission 
process, etc. can be obtained at the given URLs below.

################################################################################

C3: Workshop on Cognitive Computing and Communications

This international workshop aims to bring researchers together to exchange ideas
on the applications of cognitive computing and communications (C3) for designing
smart pervasive systems. 

URL:  http://feihu.eng.ua.edu/PerCom_C3.html

Paper Submission Deadline: October 30, 2012

################################################################################

CoMoRea: Workshop on Context Modeling and Reasoning

This workshop's aim is to advance the state of the art in  context modeling  and 
reasoning  and  also  discuss  fundamental  issues  in  context  processing  and
management. 

URL:  http://nexus.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de/COMOREA/2013/index.html

Paper Submission Deadline: November 13, 2012

################################################################################

IQ2S: Workshop on Information Quality and Quality of Service for Pervasive
      Computing

The objective of this workshop is to provide a forum to exchange  ideas, present 
results,  share  experience,  and   enhance  collaborations  among  researchers, 
professionals, and  application developers  in  various aspects  of  Quality  of 
Service (QoS) and Quality of Information (QoI) in  wireless sensor networks  for
pervasive computing.

URL:  http://www.iq2s.org/

Paper Submission Deadline: October 30, 2012

################################################################################

MP2P: Workshop on Mobile Peer-to-Peer Computing

The  main goal  of the workshop is to  gather scientists  from  areas  such  as
networking,  information  dissemination,  databases,  and  security  to  foster 
collaboration and sparkle discussion on various aspects of mobile P2P.

URL:  http://mpclab.ce.ncu.edu.tw/mp2p2013/

Paper Submission Deadline: November 15, 2012

################################################################################

MUCS: Workshop on Managing Ubiquitous Communications and Services

The MUCS workshop provides a forum for researchers and practitioners to explore
the theoretic, technological and organizational challenges of managing ubiquitous 
communications and services, and to present advances in management techniques and 
technologies, for pervasive computing and smart space applications.

URL:  http://ubiquitous-management.org/mucs/2013/index.php

Paper Submission Deadline: October 30, 2012

################################################################################

PerCol: Workshop on Pervasive Collaboration and Social Networking

PerCol addresses the  research field at the intersection of  pervasive computing
and social computing.  We are  interested  in  various types  of  human-to-human
interaction with pervasive devices like mobile social networking, crowdsourcing,
collaborative apps, location-based games or interaction with public displays. 

URL:  http://percol.inf.tu-dresden.de/percol2013/

Paper Submission Deadline: October 30, 2012

################################################################################

PerHot: Workshop on Hot Topics in Pervasive Computing

The goal of PerHot is to discuss  new and controversial  ideas  in  the whole of 
Pervasive Computing and Communication. We specifically call for early ideas, demo 
systems, and well-reasoned attacks on the status quo of Pervasive and Ubiquitous 
Computing. No idea or model is sacred. 

URL:  http://projects.csail.mit.edu/perhot/2013/

Paper Submission Deadline: October 29, 2012

################################################################################

PerMoby: Workshop on Impact of Human Mobility in Pervasive Systems and
         Applications

The goal of PerMoby is to explore the impact of human mobility on the achievement 
of the  pervasive  computing  vision.  The  focus is  on  pervasive applications,
systems, and protocols where  mobility plays an active role in achieving the end
goals.

URL:  http://vecchio.iet.unipi.it/permoby/

Paper Submission Deadline: October 30, 2012

################################################################################

PerNEM: Workshop on Pervasive Networks for Emergency Management

This workshop focuses on  pervasive networked sensing  and decision making, both 
wired and wireless, geared towards emergency management. 

URL:  http://san.ee.ic.ac.uk/pernem2013/

Paper Submission Deadline: October 20, 2012

################################################################################

PerSeNS: Workshop on Sensor Networks and Systems for Pervasive Computing

The  purpose  of  this  workshop  is to  bring together  researchers working  on
different aspects of  sensor networking  and contributing to the  advancement of
the field of pervasive computing. 

URL:  http://www.dicgim.unipa.it/~networks/persens2013/

Paper Submission Deadline: October 30, 2012

################################################################################

SEnAml: Workshop on Smart Environments and Ambient Intelligence

This workshop seeks to provide a  cross-disciplinary approach  to  smartization, 
through a  multi-sided view  of the  current research  accomplished at different 
technological layers: sensors, software, data fusion and services. 

URL:  http://www.grpss.ssr.upm.es/senami2013/

Paper Submission Deadline: October 30, 2012

################################################################################

SESOC: Workshop on Security and Social Networks

Social Networking Services have made the step to a  mobile app and currently are 
becoming  the  primary  ubiquitous  networked  service.   SESOC  solicits  novel
contributions that address the whole spectrum of topics in this context, ranging
from solutions enhancing SNS, over approaches leveraging the social information,
to new methods to protect the privacy and security of their users.

URL:  http://www.sesoc.org/

Paper Submission Deadline: October 30, 2012

################################################################################

SIPC: Workshop on Social Implications of Pervasive Computing

The  SIPC workshop  aims to  focus on  and  explore the  social implications  of
Pervasive Computing, and from this to develop theories, methods  and  guidelines
to encourage the technology to achieve maximum benefit, with minimal consequence.

URL:  http://www.sipc2013.blogspot.ie/

Paper Submission Deadline: October 30, 2012

################################################################################