Subject: [dtn-interest] Communcation Patterns in DTN

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2013 22:30:48 +0530 (IST)

Hi,
 Communications can be of at least a couple of patterns, single request
and single/multiple response type or a more interactive mulitple request
- mulitple response type.
 The latter could be a challenge in DTN scenarios and may be needed in
manned missons especially or interactive experiments.
 Would it be worthwhile investigating communications in such scenarios.
Say, we could look at if responses to several response possibility to a
given question be sent bundled together therefore saving time on the
overall communication. The intermediate nodes could have learnt about the
behavior of the destinations and could proactively request further
communication from the source if the set of responses dont fit in any of
the available. Wondering if some sort of "compute while commute"
phiolosophy exists, that is the routers now no longer serve only the
routing function but can also act as "proxies" for the destination?
 These however is a mixture of language processing and networking and not
purely networking protocol issue...
Sitaraman

-- 
This message has been scanned for viruses and
dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.