Subject: [dtn-interest] CFP: The 7th IEEE Workshop on Autonomic and Opportunistic Communications (IEEE AOC'13), June 4th 2013, Madrid, Spain

From: AOC 2013 <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 10:57:51 +0100

Please accept our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this CFP.

=========================================================
The 7th IEEE Workshop on Autonomic and Opportunistic Communications (IEEE
AOC'13),

June 4th 2013, Madrid, Spain, URL: http://aoc2013.dti.supsi.ch

to be held in conjunction with:

WoWMoM 2013 - Fourteenth International Symposium on a World of Wireless,
Mobile and Multimedia Networks, Madrid, Spain, June 4-7, 2013
http://www.ieee-wowmom.org/
========================================================

========================================================
Abstract registration: February 10, 2013
Full papers due: February 17, 2013
Notification: March 17, 2013
Camera-ready deadline: April 8, 2013
========================================================

The recent proliferation of sensor-rich portable devices is enabling novel
communication paradigms for users and contributing to the implementation of
the ubiquitous computing and networking vision. Opportunistic networking
represents a key communication paradigm for this vision. Either as a
standalone communication mode or as a complement to infrastructure-based
communication, opportunistic networking leverages the mobility of end users
to enhance their ability to communicate in the absence of reliable
end-to-end connectivity. Opportunistic networking opens up many
possibilities but also poses countless new challenges. The goal of the AOC
2013 workshop is to serve as a forum for researchers, professionals,
application developers, and other experts from both academia and industry
to exchange new ideas, discuss new solutions, and share their experiences.
As with previous editions, this year's workshop is particularly interested
in novel research directions, such as service composition techniques,
co-existence with infrastructure networks, and insights from game theory,
social networking analysis, and cognitive psychology. The workshop will
solicit original papers addressing theoretical and practical aspects of
autonomic and opportunistic communications as well as papers describing
prototype implementations and deployments.

Topics of interest for AOC 2013 include, but are not limited to:
*Routing, transport, and reliability issues
*Techniques for data dissemination and replication
*Applications and middleware support, mobile social networking applications
*Mobility models and statistical analysis of mobility traces
*Context and social awareness mechanisms and algorithms
*Co-existence of opportunistic networks with infrastructure mobile wireless
networks
*Service composition in autonomic and opportunistic networks
*Cognition-driven information processing and decision making
*Performance modelling, scaling laws, and fundamental limits for autonomic
and opportunistic communications
*Game-theoretic insights to the operation of autonomic and opportunistic
networks
*Participatory and urban sensing in autonomic and opportunistic networks
*Trust, security, and reputation
*Autonomic and opportunistic communication testbeds and prototypes,
measurement data from real experiments
*Socio-economic models for autonomic and opportunistic communications

Instruction for Submission:

Papers should neither have been published elsewhere nor being currently
under review by another conference or journal. Manuscripts are limited to 6
pages, single spacing, double column, and must strictly adhere to the
template format. Guidelines on paper submission and formatting are
available at http://aoc2013.dti.supsi.ch/submission.html.

Accepted papers will appear in the symposium proceedings published by IEEE.
There will be no separate workshop registration, as one single registration
will cover both conference and workshops participation. At least one author
of each accepted paper is required and present his/her work at the workshop.

Extended versions of workshop selected papers will be considered for
possible fast track publication on the Computer Communications Journal
(Elsevier).

========================================================
Workshop Co-Chairs:
Merkouris Karaliopoulos, University of Athens, Greece
Daniele Puccinelli, SUPSI, Switzerland

Steering Committee:
Marco Conti, IIT-CNR, Italy
Silvia Giordano, SUPSI, Switzerland
Ioannis Stavrakakis, University of Athens, Greece

Publicity Chairs:
Alan Ferrari, SUPSI, Switzerland

Programm Committee:
Chiara Boldrini, IIT-CNR, Italy
Eleonora Borgia, IIT-CNR, Italy
Jian-Nong Cao, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, HK
Vania Conan, Thales, France
Jordi Cucurull, Scytl, Spain
Serge Fdida, UPMC, Paris VI, France
Anna Foerster, SUPSI, Switzerland
Nidhi Hegde, Technicolor, France
Tristan Henderson, University of St. Andrews, UK
Theus Hossmann, University of Cambridge, UK
Gunnar Karlsson, KTH, Sweden
Mohan Kumar, University of Texas at Arlington, USA
Kyunghan Lee, North Carolina State University, USA
Franck Legendre, ETH Zurich, Switzerland
Daniele Miorandi, Create-net, Italy
Refik Molva, Eurecom, France
Katia Obraczka, University of California, Santa Cruz, USA
Konstantinos Oikonomou, Ionian University, Greece
Melek Önen, EURECOM, France
Joerg Ott, HUT, Finland
Elena Pagani, University of Milan, Italy
Andrea Passarella, IIT-CNR, Italy
Andreea Picu, ETH Zurich, Switzerland
Christian Rohner, Uppsala University, Sweden
Fabrizio Sestini, EU Commission
Abdullatif Shikfa, Alcatel Lucent Bell Labs, France
Thrasyvoulos Spyropoulos, EURECOM, France
Stavros Toumpis, Athens University of Economics and Businesss, Greece
Roger Whitaker, Cardiff University, UK
Hongyi Wu, University of Louisiana at Lafayette, USA
Eiko Yoneki, University of Cambridge, UK
Franco Zambonelli, University of Modena-Reggio, Italy
Xiaolan Zhang, Fordham University, USA
========================================================

____________________________________________________
Alan Ferrari

NetLab
University of Applied Sciences of Southern Switzerland (SUPSI)

Via Cantonale - Galleria 2
CH-6928 Manno
Switzerland
Tel: +41-58-666-6597
E-Mail: [email-masked]

http://www.dti.supsi.ch/~ferrari/
____________________________________________________