Subject: [dtn-interest] [ACM WiNTECH 2013] CALL FOR PAPERS: ACM International Workshop on Wireless Network Testbeds, Experimental Evaluation and Characterization

From: Hyoil Kim <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2013 00:44:26 +0900

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** Our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this CFP ***
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ACM WiNTECH 2013:
The 8th ACM International Workshop on Wireless Network Testbeds,
Experimental Evaluation and Characterization

In conjunction with ACM MobiCom 2013

Miami, Florida, September 30th, 2013

http://netcom.it.uc3m.es/wintech2013/index.html

We witnessed an increasing demand for high-speed, reliable and ubiquitous
mobile
wireless networks in recent years. Following this trend, challenging issues
to
satisfy the growing number of wireless users can be foreseen. Doubtlessly,
thorough
experimental analyses are of paramount importance to accurately identify
the
limitations of current technologies and to motivate innovative ideas to
solve them.
Moreover, realistic empirical evaluations of such a diverse set of
solutions, and
their mutual interactions, will play a major role to demonstrate their
efficiency
in everyday denser networks, thus shaping future advances in wireless
technology.
Due to these, sharing experiences, methodologies and experimental results
are
gaining wider recognition in the mobile and wireless research community.

CALL FOR PAPERS
----------------------------

WiNTECH aims at bringing together researchers working in the broad area of
experimental wireless networking. This workshop will serve as a forum to
share new
ideas and experiences gathered across all experimental aspects of wireless
networks
and systems, and facilitate discussions of key unresolved challenges in
this area.
We are seeking original, previously unpublished papers empirically
addressing key
issues and challenges in wireless networking. All submissions will be
judged by
their technical merit and relevance to the workshop, based on a thorough
review
process by the Technical Program Committee.

Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:

- Design and evaluation of wireless testbeds, prototypes and platforms
- Experiences/lessons from recent testbed deployments
- Hybrid experimentation approaches combining use of multiple evaluation
  methodologies
- Integration of diverse and distributed testbed infrastructures
- Testbed management issues and monitoring support
- Wireless testbed case studies
- Experimental evaluation of applications and protocols, including the
impact of
  cross-layer interactions
- Large-scale and heterogeneous wireless network evaluations
- Approaches for real-world evaluation of mobile networks
- Measurement and evaluation on large-scale smartphone based deployments
- Studies on real-world white-space networks
- Evaluation environments for sensor and satellite networks
- Techniques for improving reproducibility of real-world testing
- Implementation approaches to ease transition between different evaluation
  methodologies
- New measurement methodologies and infrastructures
- Interference and spectrum usage measurements
- Techniques for improving reproducibility of real-world testing
- Measurement and characterization (modeling) of real-world aspects of
wireless
  networks such as usage patterns, traffic, mobility and channel
characteristics
- Validation of existing simulation models, and results across different
  testbeds/evaluation methodologies

All regular paper submissions will be handled electronically via the
EasyChair
system and should conform to the following requirements: A maximum of 8
(eight)
8.5"x11" pages (including figures, tables, and references). The paper must
be in
two-column format, using 10-point size or greater and reasonable margins
and must
be submitted in PDF format.

Please submit papers by the May 18, 2013 deadline using the EasyChair site:

https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=wintech2013

IMPORTANT DATES
-----------------------------

Paper submissions due: May 18, 2013
Author notification: June 25, 2013
Camera-ready papers deadline: July 7, 2013

WORKSHOP ORGANIZERS
---------------------------------------

Steering committee

Edward Knightly, Rice University
Sung-Ju Lee, HP Labs
Mahesh Marina, University of Edinburgh
Peter Steenkiste, Carnegie Mellon University

Workshop chairs

Albert Banchs, University Carlos III of Madrid and IMDEA Networks, Spain
Sunghyun Choi, Seoul National University, Korea

Publicity chairs

Daji Qiao, Iowa State University, USA
Hyoil Kim, Ulsan National Institute of Science and Technology, Korea

Demo chairs

Xavier Perez Costa, NEC Laboratories Europe, Germany
Ilenia Tinnirello, University of Palermo, Italy