Subject: [dtn-interest] [CFP] IEEE SECON 2013 Poster and Demo sessions

From: Aline Carneiro Viana <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2013 15:12:37 +0200

[Please accept our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this Call 
for Papar(CFP).]

[Note the details added for the best poster/demo awards]

*********************************************************************************** 

CALL FOR POSTERS AND DEMOS

IEEE SECON 2013

10th Annual IEEE Communications Society Conference on

Sensor, Mesh and Ad Hoc Communications and Networks

http://www.ieee-secon.org/

June 24-27, 2013 -- New Orleans, USA

***********************************************************************************

IMPORTANT DATES

================

Poster/demo submission opens: March 15, 2013

Poster/demo submission deadline: April 29, 2013

Acceptance notification: May 13, 2013

SCOPE

======

IEEE SECON 2013 will include poster/demonstration sessions that shall 
provide a forum to present and discuss: works in progress, industry 
demonstrations of new applications and techniques, practical 
implementations, industrial and commercial developments, research 
testbeds and demonstrations, recent research/implementation results, 
upcoming research challenges, future directions, and novel approaches in 
the fields of sensor, mobile device, mesh and ad hoc communications and 
networks. One of the key goals of this conference is to foster 
collaboration between industry and academia. Hence, participation of 
researchers/developers from industry and posters/demonstrations 
reporting joint work between industry and academia are especially 
encouraged.

Poster submissions should be in the form of a short paper/abstract 
describing the main contributions and the merits of the proposed ideas 
as well as reporting initial results and the challenges towards a full 
fledged solution of the problem under consideration. Abstracts will be 
evaluated mainly based on their potential to stimulate interesting 
discussions, exchange of ideas and promote collaborations.

Demonstration submissions will also be on the basis of a short 
paper/abstract describing a prototype system and/or an interesting 
implementation concept as well as the merits of the proposed ideas.They 
should also include the space requirements and/or any other 
equipment-specific requirements. Proposals will be evaluated mainly 
based on their potential to stimulate interesting discussions, exchange 
of ideas and promote collaborations.Submissions should not be more than 
three pages (preferably IEEE conference format, 2-column) in length. The 
documents must contain the authors' names, affiliations, and contact 
information and the designated corresponding author.

Accepted authors of posters/demos will have a space in the poster/demo 
session room to display their posters or exhibit their demos and 
describe their work in discussions with interested attendees. Moreover, 
the abstract of the accepted posters/demos will appear in IEEE Xplore. 
IEEE Communications Society policy states that all accepted IEEE SECON 
2013 posters/demos require at least a one day registration. For authors 
co-authoring multiple posters/demos, a one day registration is valid for 
up to three presentations. In addition, there needs to be at least one 
person per poster/demo registered for one day in order for the abstract 
to appear in IEEE Xplore.

Awards: The IEEE SECON 2013 will also run a best poster and best demo 
award competition.Awards will be based on the novelty and the potentials 
of the poster/demo to drive further research. The quality of 
presentation/demonstration as well as the attraction they will get 
during the session will be important criteria for the award as 
well.Award decisions will be announced during the reception of the main 
conference and the authors will be given the opportunity to make a short 
presentation of their research during the main conference.

Please submit the proposal through the emails (Please use the title: 
"SECON 2013 - X", where X is Demo or Poster) :

. Posters: [email-masked]

. Demos: [email-masked]

Any questions can be addressed to Poster/Demo Chairs.