Subject: [dtn-interest] MoWNet 2013 - April 30 - Third International Conference on Selected Topics in Mobile & Wireless Networking

From: Sameh R A Zakhary <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2013 16:03:36 +0100

[Apologies if you receive multiple copies of this message] ------
==========================================================
             CALL FOR PAPERS
******************************************************************
Third International Conference on Selected Topics in Mobile & Wireless 
Networking (MoWNet 2013)
August 19-21, 2013, Montreal, Canada
http://www.mownet.org/
-- Technical co-Sponsorship of IEEE and IEEE Communications Society:
http://www.ieee.org/conferences_events/conferences/conferencedetails/index.html?Conf_ID=31068

-- Proceedings will be published with IEEE Xplore.
-- Special issue of journals: http://mownet.org/news.html
******************************************************************

SCOPE

The Third International Conference on Selected Topics in Mobile &
Wireless Networking (MoWNet'2013) will be held in Montreal, Canada.
It follows two editions of iCOST 2011 and 2012 which were held in
Shanghai - China and Avignon - France, respectively.
The ever increasing market penetration of smart-phones, tablets, and
netbooks, along with the ubiquitous availability of wireless networks
are deeply influencing the way people live, work, interact, and
socialize.
However, the broad popularity and diffusion of innovative services and
applications tailored at mobile users is also raising challenging
research issues that require us to rethink available mobile technology 
solutions to meet the emerging needs of a broader and ever growing user 
base. MoWNet'2013 aims at addressing recent research results on selected
topics in Mobile & Wireless Networking and to present their 
methodologies, models, technologies, systems, tools, applications, work 
in progress and experiences.

Suggested topics include but are not restricted to:
- Cloud computing support for mobile services and applications
- Data center architectures and protocols
- Green communications models, architectures, and networking solutions
- Self-* networks, services and applications
- Content distribution networks
- Social networking solutions for pervasive and mobile environments
- Vehicular communications and vehicular ad-hoc networks
- Wireless-enabled Peer to Peer services and applications
- Internet of Things
- Machine type communications
- Context-aware middleware design, services and applications
- Long Term Evolution Engineering and Femtocells
- Emerging topics in wireless and mobile computing and communications
- Security, trust, and privacy in wireless/mobile communications
- Heterogeneous networks
- Communication networks and architectures for smart grids
- Resource allocation and interference management in Smart Grid networks

IMPORTANT DATES

Submission of papers: April 30, 2013
Notification to authors: May 30, 2013
Camera ready copies: June 20, 2013

INSTRUCTIONS FOR PAPER SUBMISSION

Authors are required to submit fully formatted, original papers (PDF),
with graphs, images, and other special areas arranged as intended for
the final publication.

Papers should be written in English conforming to the IEEE standard
conference format (8.5" x 11" - US letter, Two-Column).
The initial submission for review will be limited to 6 pages.
The final manuscript for publication will be limited to 6 IEEE pages.
Additional charges may apply for additional pages with the limit of 8
pages.
The conference proceedings will be indexed and archived through
IEEExplore.

Each accepted paper must be presented at the conference by one
of the co-authors or a third party.

Only timely submissions through EDAS at http://edas.info will be
accepted.
For more details, please visit the MoWNet'2013 official website ( 
http://www.mownet.org/ ).
Facebook page for MoWNet 2013:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/MoWNet-2013/376726545744553