Subject: [dtn-interest] ACM WiNTECH 2013 -- Demo due on July 3, 2013

From: Hyoil Kim <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2013 17:02:50 +0900

====================================
 Our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this CFP
 ====================================

 *** Demo due on July 3, 2013 ***

 ACM WiNTECH 2013:
 The 8th ACM International Workshop on Wireless Network Testbeds,
Experimental Evaluation and Characterization

 In conjunction with ACM MobiCom 2013

 Miami, Florida, September 30, 2013

 http://netcom.it.uc3m.es/wintech2013/index.html

 We witnessed an increasing demand for high-speed, reliable and ubiquitous
mobile
 wireless networks in recent years. Following this trend, challenging
issues to
 satisfy the growing number of wireless users can be foreseen. Doubtlessly,
thorough
 experimental analyses are of paramount importance to accurately identify
the
 limitations of current technologies and to motivate innovative ideas to
solve them.
 Moreover, realistic empirical evaluations of such a diverse set of
solutions, and
 their mutual interactions, will play a major role to demonstrate their
efficiency
 in everyday denser networks, thus shaping future advances in wireless
technology.
 Due to these, sharing experiences, methodologies and experimental results
are
 gaining wider recognition in the mobile and wireless research community.

 =====================
 CALL FOR DEMOS
 =====================

 WiNTECH aims at bringing together researchers working in the broad area of
 experimental wireless networking. This workshop will serve as a forum to
share new
 ideas and experiences gathered across all experimental aspects of wireless
networks
 and systems, and facilitate discussions of key unresolved challenges in
this area.

 In addition to regular paper presentations, the workshop program will
include an
 interactive session with demos. We welcome demonstrations of novel
wireless network
 testbed capabilities and measurement results. The demos may show work in
progress
 and offers an excellent opportunity for feedback and discussions on early
research.

 Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:

 - Design and evaluation of wireless testbeds, prototypes and platforms
 - Experiences/lessons from recent testbed deployments
 - Hybrid experimentation approaches combining use of multiple evaluation
methodologies
 - Integration of diverse and distributed testbed infrastructures
 - Testbed management issues and monitoring support
 - Wireless testbed case studies
 - Experimental evaluation of applications and protocols, including the
impact of cross-layer interactions
 - Large-scale and heterogeneous wireless network evaluations
 - Approaches for real-world evaluation of mobile networks
 - Measurement and evaluation on large-scale smartphone based deployments
 - Studies on real-world white-space networks
 - Evaluation environments for sensor and satellite networks
 - Techniques for improving reproducibility of real-world testing
 - Implementation approaches to ease transition between different
evaluation methodologies
 - New measurement methodologies and infrastructures
 - Interference and spectrum usage measurements
 - Techniques for improving reproducibility of real-world testing
 - Measurement and characterization (modeling) of real-world aspects of
wireless networks such as usage patterns, traffic, mobility and channel
characteristics
 - Validation of existing simulation models, and results across different
testbeds/evaluation methodologies

 =============
 IMPORTANT DATES
 =============

 Demo submission deadline: July 3, 2013
 Demo notification: July 10, 2013

 Workshop date: September 30, 2013

 ========================
 DEMO SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
 ========================

 Demo submissions will be handled by emailing the description to
[email-masked]
 by the July 3, 2013 deadline. The description should not be longer than
two pages
 (including figures, tables, and references), using two-column format,
10-point size or
 greater and in PDF format. A third page should be included listing the
demo requirements
 at the workshop venue.

 =================
 WORKSHOP ORGANIZERS
 =================

 Steering committee

 Edward Knightly, Rice University
 Sung-Ju Lee, Narus, Inc.
 Mahesh Marina, University of Edinburgh
 Peter Steenkiste, Carnegie Mellon University

 Workshop chairs

 Albert Banchs, University Carlos III of Madrid and IMDEA Networks, Spain
 Sunghyun Choi, Seoul National University, Korea

 Publicity chairs

 Daji Qiao, Iowa State University, USA
 Hyoil Kim, Ulsan National Institute of Science and Technology, Korea

 Demo chairs

 Xavier Perez Costa, NEC Laboratories Europe, Germany
 Ilenia Tinnirello, University of Palermo, Italy