Subject: [dtn-interest] Call for extended abstracts PhD Forum - SustainIT 2013 (deadline June 20)

From: Valerio Arnaboldi<[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2013 02:03:35 -0700 (PDT)

-------------------------------------------------------------------
*** Our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this e-mail ***
-------------------------------------------------------------------

                CALL FOR EXTENDED ABSTRACTS PHD. FORUM

                      The Third IFIP Conference on

            Sustainable Internet and ICT for Sustainability
                            (SustainIT 2013)

           http://www.dicgim.unipa.it/networks/sustainit2013

                          October 30-31, 2013
                        Palermo, Sicily, Italy

- Technically sponsored by the IFIP TC6 WG 6.3 (Performance of Communication Systems)
- Technically co-sponsored by IEEE TCCC (Technical Committee on Computer Communications)
- In cooperation with IEEE TSGCC (Technical Subcommittee on Green Communications and Computing)
- Supported by EINS: The Network of Excellence in Internet Science

------------------------------------------------------------------------
SCOPE AND OVERVIEW
------------------------------------------------------------------------

SustainIT 2013 will host a PhD Forum on Sustainable Internet and ICT for Sustainability. 
The Forum will give an opportunity to PhD students for presenting their research work, 
including work in progress, and for interacting with other students and experienced 
researchers from industry and academia on the important topics of eco-sustainability 
and energy-awareness by means of novel ICT solutions.  
The Forum will be organized as a poster session and will include a short
introduction by each student.

Current PhD students and researchers who completed their PhD dissertations 
after December 2012  are encouraged to submit extended abstracts. 
The PhD student and his/her advisor(s) can be the  only authors. 
Submissions will be reviewed to ensure quality and relevance. Authors of accepted submissions 
are expected to attend SustainIT 2013 and present their poster at the PhD Forum. 
Accepted extended abstracts will appear in conference proceedings. 

ABSTRACT SUBMISSION 
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Extended abstracts should include the authors' names, affiliation, and email 
address. Submissions must be PDF files, written in English, and should adhere 
to the IEEE format and be no more than 3 pages in size (all inclusive).
Abstracts must be submitted electronically in PDF format through EDAS 
(http://edas.info/newPaper.php?c=14317). 

IMPORTANT DATES
------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Abstract submission deadline:         June 20, 2013
- Acceptance notification:         	  July 15, 2013
- Camera-ready version due:             July 30, 2013

FOR MORE INFORMATION
------------------------------------------------------------------------
For questions about the demonstration submission and review  process, please 
contact the SUSTAINIT 2013 PhD Forum Co-Chairs:

Ilenia Tinnirello, Universita' di Palermo, Italy ([email-masked])
Periklis Chatzimisions, Alexander Technological Educational Institute of Thessaloniki, Greece ([email-masked])