Subject: [dtn-interest] Int. J. of Ad Hoc and Ubiquitous Computing, Special Issue on Dynamism and Mobility Handling in Mobile and Wireless Networking

From: Milena Radenkovic <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2013 21:44:19 +0100

International Journal of Ad Hoc and Ubiquitous Computing
Special Issue on: "Dynamism and Mobility Handling in Mobile and Wireless 
Networking"
==================================================================================== 

Guest Editors:
==============

Abderrahim Benslimane, University of Avignon, France
Milena Radenkovic, University of Nottingham, UK
Der-Jiunn Deng, National Changhua University of Education, Taiwan

The ever-increasing market penetration of smartphones, tablets and 
netbooks, along with the ubiquitous availability of wireless networks, 
are deeply influencing the way people live, work, interact and 
socialise. The broad popularity and diffusion of innovative services and 
applications tailored at mobile users is also raising challenging 
research issues that require us to rethink available mobile technology 
solutions to meet the emerging needs of a broader and ever-growing user 
base.

This special issue aims at addressing recent research results regarding 
the ways to handle dynamism and mobility in mobile and wireless 
networking and to present methodologies, models, simulation tools, 
applications, works in progress and real world experiences. We seek 
original completed and unpublished work not currently under review by 
any other journal/magazine/conference.

Subject Coverage:
=================

Topics of interest include but are not limited to:

     Cloud computing support for mobile services and applications
     Data-centred architectures and protocols
     Green communications models, architectures and networking solutions
     Self-organised networks, services and applications
     Content distribution networks
     Social networking solutions for pervasive and mobile environments
     Vehicular communications and vehicular ad-hoc networks
     Wireless-enabled peer-to-peer services and applications
     Internet of things
     Machine type communications
     Context-aware middleware design, services and applications
     Long term evolution engineering and femtocells
     Emerging topics in wireless and mobile computing and communications
     Security, trust and privacy in wireless/mobile communications
     Communication networks and architectures for smart grids

Notes for Prospective Authors
=============================

  Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be 
currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. 
Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely 
re-written and if appropriate written permissions have been obtained 
from any copyright holders of the original paper).

All papers are refereed through a peer review process.

All papers must be submitted online. To submit a paper, please read our 
information on preparing and submitting articles
(http://www.inderscience.com/info/inauthors/author_submit.php)

Important Dates
===============

Submission deadline: 10 October, 2013
Decision notification: 10 January, 2014
Revised paper submission: 30 February, 2014

This call is available at: 
http://www.inderscience.com/info/ingeneral/cfp.php?id=2134