Subject: [dtn-interest] [CFP] 15th IEEE International Conference on Mobile Data Management (MDM 2014); Submit by 12 February

From: Olivier Mehani <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2014 11:34:40 +1100

[Please let me know if it is undesirable to send CfPs to this list,
and accept my apologies if this is the case.]

    15th IEEE International Conference on Mobile Data Management (MDM 2014)
                              Brisbane, Australia
                                14-18 July, 2014

                      (http://mdmconferences.org/mdm2014/)

                                CALL FOR PAPERS
                 Industrial, Applications and Experiences Track

The 2014 International Conference on Mobile Data Management (MDM 2014), to be
held in Brisbane, Australia solicits innovative papers related to industrial
applications of mobile data management solutions towards real-world problems,
complex commercial mobility and data management solutions and systems in
ubiquitous, mobile, cloud and social computing. In addition, it also solicits
submissions on innovative applications and experiences in applying advanced
research tools and techniques towards myriad of real-world problems in the MDM
area. In keeping with the overall theme of MDM 2014, we are particularly
interested in papers relating to “Mobile and Social Big Data”.

Over the last decade, the amount of mobile data available has exploded, and the
use of it has changed significantly. Data from mobile users, even anonymized,
is a significant strategic asset for companies. At the same time, legislation
and user expectations raise significant hurdles to the use of the data, which
must be met.

The industrial track will focus on the use of data management in mobile
systems, such as the use of Hadoop, MapReduce, and other advanced database
techniques for data mining; mobile data collection and sensing; applications of
data mining such as movement and demographic tracing; user, business and legal
requirements for anonymization and privacy of mobile data and how to reconcile
conflicting requirements; tools and techniques for crawling, processing,
visualization and analysis of mobile datasets, and data management issues
related to emerging mobile applications like crowdsourcing. We also encourage
papers coming out of new mobile service trials, deployment experiences,
real-world lessons.

Topics of interest include, but are not limited to, the following:

●      Adaptability and stability of pervasive computing systems
●      Context-aware computing and location-based services
●      Data management in sensor and mobile ad hoc networks
●      Data management in mobile peer-to-peer networks
●      Data Management in the Mobile Cloud
●      Linked/open mobile data
●      Mobile data management for environmental/agricultural applications
●      Data mining for mobile applications
●      Data replication, migration and dissemination in mobile environments
●      Data stream processing in mobile/sensor networks
●      OS and middleware for mobile and pervasive computing
●      Indexing and query processing for moving objects
●      Query processing and optimization for mobile users
●      Resource advertising and discovery techniques
●      Theoretical foundations of data-intensive mobile computing
●      OS and middleware for mobile and pervasive computing
●      Security and privacy issues for ubiquitous systems
●      Pervasive Data Management
●      Transactions and workflows in mobile environments
●      Location and Trajectory data management
●      Publish/subscribe and Query processing middleware for mobile data
●      Mobile Cloud Computing
●      Mobile Semantic Data Management
●      Human-centric Activity Recognition
●      Augmented Reality systems, data issues
●      Managing pervasive data, sensor data streams and user devices
●      People-centric mobile sensing networks and smart urban spaces
●      Management of community sensing/participatory sensing data
●      Management of Real-time Data in Converged Networks
●      Mobile social applications and services

Submission Instructions

Submitted papers must be formatted according to the IEEE camera-ready format as
mandated by the conference. Details are available at the MDM 2014 “Submission”
page. We are accepting two types of papers:

1. Regular papers: These submissions should be no longer than 8 pages.
2. Extended Abstracts: These submissions should be no longer than 4 pages.

The page limits includes paper title, authors and affiliation, abstract, body,
figures, and bibliography.

Submissions in PDF should be uploaded to the MDM 2014 Industrial Track
submission website at:
https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=mdm2014industry.

Important Dates
• Paper submission: February 12, 2014  (extended)
• Acceptance notification: March 26, 2014
• Camera-ready paper submission: April 23, 2014

Questions: Kindly contact the industry track chairs Peizhao Hu
([email-masked]) or Dipanjan Chakraborty ([email-masked]).

________________________________

The information in this e-mail may be confidential and subject to legal professional privilege and/or copyright. National ICT Australia Limited accepts no liability for any damage caused by this email or its attachments.