Subject: [dtn-interest] PDRA and Ph.D. positions in tactical (inc. DTN) network security

From: "Stephen D. Wolthusen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2014 18:22:29 +0000

Good afternoon,

as a project about to start has a strong DTN/mesh aspect, I hope
that perhaps this is of interest to some; my apologies for this
advertisement to all others.

For a project under the IAP 4 programme of the European Defence Agency
(TacticS -- 'Tactical Service-Oriented Architectures') at my 'other'
office at Gjøvik University College together with the Norwegian
Defence Research Establishment (FFI), I am currently looking for

 - one Ph.D. candidate (36 month studentship), and
 - one postdoctoral researcher (24 months)

The focus of the Ph.D. candidate's research will be primarily on the
design and analysis of protocols and algorithms for tactical ad-hoc
and mesh networks with the primary focus on robust and adaptive overlay
routing including cross-layer information exchange mechanisms and
disruption handling (DTN) mechanisms for energy, spectrum preservation,
and EMCON requirements.

The PDRA researcher will work closely with the Ph.D. candidate and
focus on policy-adaptable lightweight distributed algorithms and
protocols mainly for securing transactional protocols which can be
re-configured and re-started efficiently for use in DTN environments.

Both candidates must hold NATO member state citizenship, and some
additional restrictions may apply. We particularly would like to
encourage female candidates to apply. The positions are based in
Gjøvik, Norway, with occasional travel required for project
meetings as well as academic conferences and meetings.

Starting date can be as early as March 2014 for both positions.

Please contact me for a more detailed description at either
[email-masked] or [email-masked].

Kind regards,

  Stephen Wolthusen

-- 
Prof. Dr. Stephen D. Wolthusen
Norwegian Information Security Laboratory,
Department of Computer Science, Gjovik University College
Teknologivn. 22, P.O. Box 191, 2802 Gjovik, Norway.
Tel.: +47 611 35 289    Fax: +47 611 35 240
Email: [email-masked], [email-masked]