Subject: [dtn-interest] Call for Papers: ICESS2014 - The 11th IEEE International Conference on Embedded Software and Systems

From: haibo zhang <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2014 17:22:25 +0800

===============================================================
                            CALL FOR PAPERS
                               ICESS 2014
     The 11th IEEE International Conference on Embedded Software and Systems
                          August 20-22, 2014 in Paris, France
                   http://www.computational-science.org/ICESS2014/
===============================================================

*IMPORTANT DATES*

Paper submission: 28 April, 2014
Notification of acceptance: 23 June,  2014
Camera-Ready due: 15 July,  2014

*SCOPE*

Embedded software and systems are closely related to our daily life, which
reside from smart appliances to unmanned trains. As the fastest growing
industry, embedded systems will have great societal and environmental
impacts. Therefore, the design and implementation of safe and efficient
embedded software and systems have utmost importance. IEEE ICESS is an
international forum for presenting and discussing emerging ideas and trends
in embedded software and systems from both the research community as well
as the industry.

Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:

 1. Systems, Models and Algorithms
  - Embedded Real-Time Systems
  - Embedded Hardware and Architectures
  - Embedded Software/Agent
  - Power Aware Computing
  - Distributed Embedded Computing
  - Pervasive/Ubiquitous Computing
  - Fault Tolerant & Trusted Embedded Systems
  - System on Chip (SoC) and Multicore Systems
  - Embedded Real-Time Operating Systems
  - Mobile Computing
  - Reconfigurable Computing
  - Cyber-Physical Systems

 2. Design Methodology and Tools
  - Hardware/Software Co-Design
  - Formal Methods for Embedded Systems
  - Embedded Component Technology
  - Middleware for Embedded Systems
  - Hardware/Software Co-Verification
  - Compilation and Debug Techniques
  - IDE and Software Tools
  - Performance Evaluation Techniques/Tools

 3. Embedded Applications and Interdisciplinary Topics
- Intelligent Embedded Systems
- Image and Graph Processing
- Network Protocol and Security
- Emergency and Disaster Management
- Wireless Sensor Networks
- Robotics and Control Systems
- QoS Support for Embedded Systems
- Embedded Database & Multimedia Systems
- Consumer Electronics
- Automotive, Medical and Avionics Systems

*PAST HISTORY*

The ICESS-2014 conference is the next event in a series of highly
successful international conferences on embedded software and systems
(ESS), held as ICESS 2013 (Sydney, Australia, December 2013), ICESS 2012
(Liverpool, England, UK, June 2012), ICESS 2011 (Changsha, China, November
2011), ICESS 2010 (Bradford, UK, July 2010), ICESS 2009 (Hangzhou,
Zhejiang, China, May 2009), etc.

*SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS*

Submitted manuscripts should be written in English conforming to the IEEE
conference proceedings format (8.5" x 11", Two-Column, template available
at http://www.computer.org/portal/web/cscps/formatting). Manuscripts should
not exceed 8 pages for full papers and 4 pages for short papers, including
tables and figures. All paper submissions must represent original and
unpublished work. Papers must be submitted electronically in PDF format
through EasyChair:
https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=icess2014

*PUBLICATIONS*

The accepted papers from this conference will be published by IEEE Computer
Society in IEEE proceedings (indexed by EI Compendex). Distinguished
papers, after further revisions, will be considered for possible
publication in several SCI & EI indexed special issues of prestigious
international journals. By submitting a paper to the conference, authors
assure that if the paper is accepted, at least one author will attend the
conference and present the paper.

*CONFERENCE COMMITTEES*

General Chairs
  Julien Bourgeois, UFC/FEMTO-ST Institute, France
  Frédéric Magoulès, Ecole Centrale Paris, France

Program Chair
  Haibo Zhang, University of Otago, New Zealand

Steering Co-Chairs
  Zhaohui Wu, Zhejiang University, China
  Laurence T. Yang, St. Francis Xavier University, Canada