Subject: [dtn-interest] Call for Workshop proposals - ACM MobiCom 2014

From: Aline Carneiro Viana <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2014 21:14:23 +0100

Please accept our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this Call 
for Workshop proposals.]

*********************************************************************************** 

                                CALL FOR WORKSHOPS PROPOSALS

                                ACM Mobicom 2014

http://www.sigmobile.org/mobicom/2014/workshops.html

***********************************************************************************

ACM MobiCom is the premier international conference dedicated to 
addressing emerging topics in mobile, wireless and ad hoc networking and 
computing. MobiCom 2014 will hold multiple one or half day workshops on 
Sunday (September 7th, 2014) and Thursday (September 11th, 2014) of the 
conference week in Maui, Hawaii, USA. We invite you to submit workshop 
proposals on any topic related to mobile communications, wireless 
networking, and mobile computing on or before February 7th 2014 to the 
Workshop Chairs. The ideal workshop proposal should focus on a specific 
area of significant current interest, and be able to attract a number of 
high-quality submissions. Proposals on emerging topics guaranteed to 
generate significant interest in the community will be selected. MobiCom 
2014 will likely feature a mix of some returning and some new workshops.

Industrial track workshops:
This year, in addition to the standard research-oriented workshops, we 
encourage proposals that are more industry-oriented in nature. Examples 
include (but are not limited to) workshops themed around a specific 
platform (e.g., Android, Windows 8, iOS) and hands-on experience 
workshops involving mobile devices, sensor platforms, wearables and 
other hardware. In addition to the requirements outlined below, 
industrial-track workshop proposals should specifically highlight their 
relevance to the MobiCom community.

A workshop proposal should be no more than 3 pages and should at least 
include

. A draft call for papers (as complete as possible)
. Names and affiliations of main organizers and tentative composition of 
the committees
. Motivation and rationale for the workshop
. List of workshop program components (keynote speaker, panel, paper 
sessions, etc).
. Expected number of submissions and participants
. Prior history of this workshop, if any (including # submissions, # 
accepted papers and # attendees)
. The workshop deadlines (internal and external)

If the workshop was previously co-located with other conferences, please 
indicate the name of the conferences and the years clearly.

Submission instructions:
Email proposals in PDF (ONLY) to the workshop co-chairs, including 
"MobiCom 2014 Workshops" in the subject line. Please make sure to add 
the email addresses of all workshop co-chairs to the system for better 
communication.

Important Dates:
Workshop Proposals due:              February 7th, 2014
Notification of Acceptance:          February 21st, 2014
Workshop Final Call for Papers due:  March 7th, 2014

All deadlines are 11:59 PM EST

General information:
ACM MobiCom provides basic support for the workshops in the form of 
registration, publication, publicity, meeting space, audio/video 
equipment and coffee breaks. To promote flexibility, the details 
including the format of the workshop and the form of submissions and 
presentations are left to the organizers of each workshop. Because 
workshops are meant to foster discussions on emerging topics of interest 
among the broader SIGMOBILE community, workshops are encouraged to be 
inclusive rather than exclusive in their solicitation of material. In 
addition, targeting more interactive forums such as presentations of 
short papers, posters and demos, panels, and round-table discussions, 
rather than traditional presentations of full-length papers can be more 
conducive to successful workshops. ?We look forward to your submissions. 
Please feel free to contact us with any questions about submitting a 
workshop proposal.

For More Information:
Please contact the Workshop Co-Chairs, Chiara Petrioli (University of 
Rome "La Sapienza", Italy. e-mail: petrioli [dot] di [at] uniroma1 [dot] 
it) and Ignacio Solis (PARC, USA. e-mail: ignacio [dot] solis [at] parc 
[dot] com) for more information. For information on ACM SIGMOBILE and 
MobiCom 2014 visit: http://www.sigmobile.org/mobicom/2014/ or e-mail: 
mobicom_info [at] acm [dot] org.