Subject: [dtn-interest] Call for papers: Special Session on Community Wireless Networks

From: Arjuna Sathiaseelan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2014 15:33:06 +0000

Please do submit...

The 11th Annual Conference on Wireless On-demand Network Systems and Services
April 2-4, 2014
Obergurgl, Austria

http://2014.wons-conference.org/

Call for papers: Special Session on Community Wireless Networks

Internet access is crucial. However, more than 5 billion people are
without Internet access. This disparity is greater and has higher
negative impact in rural areas and in developing regions where it is
not cost effective for network operators to deploy technical
infrastructure to support the needs of such communities. This has led
to new community driven access initiatives mainly in the form of
wireless networks that are community built and managed. This has led
to a spate of innovations in technology such as architecting new
longer range wireless infrastructures, energy-efficient
infrastructures, mesh networking, crowdshared networks etc, but also
to the rise of new socio-economic models.
The special session on Community Wireless Networks will be held in
conjunction with the 11th Annual Conference on Wireless On-demand
Network Systems and Services (WONS) in Obergurgl, Austria on April
2-4, 2014. The purpose of the special session is to bring together
researchers focussing on the design, development, deployment and
management of community wireless networks to share their deployment
experiences, state-of-the art research ideas and results, open issues
and new trends. We specifically encourage contributions from
socio-economic studies providing an insight into sustainable community
led initiatives.

SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS

Submitted papers must not have been published elsewhere and must not
be currently under review by another conference or journal. Authors
are invited to submit double-column full (up to 8 pages) as a PDF file
in IEEE format with a font size no smaller than 10pt. Submission
implies the willingness of at least one of the authors to register and
present the paper. Conference proceedings will be included in the IEEE
Xplore library. Papers for the special session must be submitted
through EDAS at the following link:

https://edas.info/newPaper.php?c=16239&track=51673

IMPORTANT DATES

Paper Submission:14 February 2014
Acceptance Notification:28 February 2014
Camera-ready due:10 March 2014
Conference:2-4 April 2014

Session Chairs
Joerg Ott                           (Aalto University)
Arjuna Sathiaseelan       (University of Cambridge)

-- 
Arjuna Sathiaseelan | http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~as2330/