Subject: [dtn-interest] RFC 7122 on Datagram Convergence Layers for the Delay- and Disruption-Tolerant Networking (DTN) Bundle Protocol and Licklider Transmission Protocol (LTP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2014 12:44:16 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7122

        Title:      Datagram Convergence Layers for the 
                    Delay- and Disruption-Tolerant Networking (DTN) Bundle 
                    Protocol and Licklider Transmission Protocol (LTP) 
        Author:     H. Kruse, S. Jero, S. Ostermann
        Status:     Experimental
        Stream:     IRTF
        Date:       March 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      11
        Characters: 25889
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-irtf-dtnrg-dgram-clayer-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7122.txt

This document specifies the preferred method for transporting Delay-
and Disruption-Tolerant Networking (DTN) protocol data over the
Internet using datagrams.  It covers convergence layers for the
Bundle Protocol (RFC 5050), as well as the transportation of segments
using the Licklider Transmission Protocol (LTP) (RFC 5326).  UDP and
the Datagram Congestion Control Protocol (DCCP) are the candidate
datagram protocols discussed.  UDP can only be used on a local
network or in cases where the DTN node implements explicit congestion
control.  DCCP addresses the congestion control problem, and its use
is recommended whenever possible.  This document is a product of the
Delay-Tolerant Networking Research Group (DTNRG) and represents the
consensus of the DTNRG.

This document is a product of the Delay-Tolerant Networking Research Group of the IRTF.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce, rfc-dist and IRTF-Announce lists.To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
  http://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/irtf-announce

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC