Subject: [dtn-interest] Delay Tolerant Networking Header Integrity Assurance - Problem Statement

From: "Templin, Fred L" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2014 17:42:43 +0000

-----Original Message-----
From: I-D-Announce [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Wednesday, March 12, 2014 10:18 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D Action: draft-templin-dtnhiaps-00.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Delay Tolerant Networking Header Integrity Assurance - Problem Statement
        Author          : Fred L. Templin
	Filename        : draft-templin-dtnhiaps-00.txt
	Pages           : 5
	Date            : 2014-03-12

Abstract:
   Delay/Disruption Tolerant Networking (DTN) introduces a network model
   for environments in which communications may be subject to long
   delays and/or intermittent connectivity.  A Bundle Protocol (BP) has
   been designed to accommodate data communications in such challenging
   environments through multi-hop store-and-forward message propagation,
   where each hop may be required to store bundles of data for long
   periods of time.  It is therefore essential that bundles with
   corrupted headers (e.g., the primary bundle block) be detected as
   soon as possible in order to avoid resource exhaustion due to
   accidental or malicious factors, and to permit timely retransmission.
   In this document, we discuss the need for a hop-by-hop integrity
   assurance as a means for encouraging suitable solutions.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-templin-dtnhiaps/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-templin-dtnhiaps-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt