Subject: [dtn-interest] CFP: Special Issue on Cloud Networking - IEEE Transactions on Cloud Computing

From: "Dzmitry Kliazovich" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2014 21:15:04 +1100

============================================================

Special Issue on “CLOUD NETWORKING”

IEEE Transactions on Cloud Computing

http://www.ieee-cloudnet.org/2014/TCC-SI-CloudNetworking.pdf

============================================================

Guest Editors: Dzmitry Kliazovich, Bernabe Dorronsoro, Pascal Bouvry, Albert
Zomaya

Editor-in-Chief: Rajkumar Buyya

*** Call for Papers ***

Cloud computing is entering our lives and changing the way people consume
information dramatically. Clouds transform IT infrastructures with an
emphasis on making them flexible, affordable, and capable of serving
millions of users, satisfying their computing or storage demands. The design
of early cloud computing systems has evolved from, and was dominated by, the
concepts of cluster and grid computing. Currently, as the concepts of the
cloud become advanced and mature, cloud networking and communication
processes begin playing a central role. Cloud Networking has emerged as a
promising direction for cost-efficient and reliable service delivery across
data communication networks. The dynamic location of service facilities and
the virtualization of hardware and software elements are stressing the
communication network and protocols, especially when datacenters are
interconnected through the Internet.

The optimization of cloud networking can significantly increase system
performance, reducing energy consumption and save costs not only inside
individual data centers, but also globally, on the Internet scale.
Developing novel network architectures would facilitate adoption of modular
container-based data centers. Advancements in internetworking become key
enabler for building hybrid clouds and federations of clouds. Service
provisioning over heterogeneous connections and wireless links can enhance
computational capacity and enrich application experience of mobile users.
Efficient resource management and scheduling in data centers and cloud
infrastructures is open research challenge that has to be addressed and
novel architectures, telecommunication technologies, and protocols must be
developed to ensure efficiency of future cloud computing systems.

=================================

Topics

=================================

The topics covered by this special issue include, but are not limited to:

- Data Center Network Management, Reliability, Optimization

- Distributed Data Center Architectures and Services, IaaS, PaaS, SaaS

- Energy-Efficient Data Centers and Networks

- Big Data Management

- Internet Routing of Cloud Data

- Virtual Ethernet Switching, Data Center Bridging

- Cloud Traffic Characterization and Measurements

- Intra-Cloud vs. Inter-Cloud Management

- Cloud Traffic Engineering and Control-Plane Architectures

- Green Data Centers and Cloud Networking

- Security, Privacy, and Confidentiality in Cloud Networking

- Virtualization of Network Equipment

- Unified User and Machine Mobility Management

- Data Flow Management and Load Balancing

- Mobile Cloud Networking

- Network Programmability, Software-Defined Networks

- Cloud Federation and Hybrid Cloud Infrastructure

- Storage Area Networks, Optical Interconnect, Fiber Channels

- Content and Service Distribution

=================================

Important Dates

=================================

Full Paper Regular Submission Due:
October 15, 2014

Extended versions of CLOUDNET 2014 Best Papers due:    December 15, 2014

Notification of Results:
March 15, 2015

Revisions Due:
April 15, 2015

Notifications of Final Acceptance:
May 15, 2015

Submissions of Final Revised Papers:
June 15, 2015

=================================

Notes for Prospective Authors

=================================

We are looking for novel outstanding high quality contributions. Submitted
papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under
consideration for publication elsewhere.

All papers are refereed through a strict review process. A general guide for
authors and other relevant information for submitting papers are available
on the IEEE Transactions on Cloud Computing journal website:
http://www.computer.org/portal/web/tcc

When submitting your paper, please be sure to choose the special issue on
“Cloud Networking”.

==================================

Guest Editors

==================================

Dr. Dzmitry Kliazovich, Dr. Bernabé Dorronsoro, Prof. Dr. Pascal Bouvry

University of Luxembourg, Luxembourg

{dzmitry.kliazovich, bernabe.dorronsoro, [email-masked]

Prof. Dr. Albert Zomaya

The University of Sydney, Australia

[email-masked]

---

From: Stephen Farrell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2014 10:47:27 +0000

Please do not send CFPs to this list without asking one of the
RG chairs first. This CFP seems off topic as well.

S.