Subject: [dtn-interest] (no subject)

From: Nadir Shah <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2016 11:36:34 +0500

[Please accept our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this
announcement.]

*********************************************************
           Call For Papers
********************************************************
Special Issue on
*********************************************************
Emerging Peer to Peer (P2P) Network Technologies for Pervasive and Mobile
Computing
                       in
Pervasive and Mobile Computing Journal (Elsevier)
************************************************************
*****************************************************

Link   http://www.journals.elsevier.com/pervasive-and-mobile-
computing/call-for-papers/special-issue-on-emerging-
peer-to-peer-p2p-network-technolog

AIMS AND SCOPE
----------------------------
The next era will be the era of pervasive and mobile computing (PMC).
Ubiquitous computing, mobile computing, and last mile connectivity based
applications will be the future of mobile applications. Peer-to-Peer (P2P)
will play an important role in such applications. P2P networking refers to
the technology that enables two or more peers to collaborate spontaneously
in an overlay network by using appropriate information and communication
systems without the necessity for a central coordination. A P2P overlay
network is a robust, distributed and fault-tolerant network architecture
for sharing resources like CPU, memory and files. Mobile and wireless
technology have experienced great progress in recent years. There are
several research challenges in the design of an efficient P2P-based
network, e.g., the design of a flexible structure (like ring, chord, 3D or
other multi dimensional structure),  avoiding mismatch between physical and
logical networks, having a flexible structure that can accommodate dynamic
joining and departure of nodes, routing, and forwarding of query. Also, P2P
networks have been used in the emerging networks, such as smart grid,
cognitive radio networks, online social networks and data center networks,
for the support of various applications like routing information
maintenance, data storage and retrieval, and location  service. Each of
these emerging networks has their own unique characteristics which requires
a different approach for the design of an efficient P2P structure for these
emerging networks.

In this special issue, we are seeking new and unpublished work in the
domain of emerging P2P network technologies for pervasive and mobile
computing. More specifically, this special issue will focus on recent
developments in the design of an efficient P2P-based protocol in the
emerging networks and its new applications with special focus on pervasive
and mobile computing. Traditional networking papers or papers that do not
emphasize the proper focus of this special issue will be rejected without
review.

The list of topics includes, but is not limited to:

- P2P networks for pervasive and mobile computing (PMC) applications
- P2P-based protocol for data/file sharing in Internet, smart grid, ad hoc
networks, wireless sensor networks, data center, vehicular networks,
Internet of Things, smart systems
- P2P-based routing protocols for Internet, smart grid, ad hoc networks,
data center networks
- P2P support of efficient data management in cloud computing
- P2P-based location services for storing/managing geographic location
information
- Application of P2P in vehicular networks.
- P2P based protocols for Named Networks for PMC applications
- P2P based protocols for social networking for PMC applications
- P2P based protocols for Software Defined Radio for PMC applications
- P2P-based protocol for multimedia networks for PMC applications
- P2P-based overlays for group communication for PMC applications
- IP/Name resolution through P2P-based protocol
- Cross-layer approach for P2P-based protocols for PMC
- Developments, issues, and open areas of P2P protocols for PMC
- P2P-based protocol for resource management in emerging networks (like
Cognitive Radio Cellular/Sensor Networks/D2D)
- New applications of P2P-based networks for PMC applications
- Future perspective for P2P-based protocols in emerging networks

IMPORTANT DATES
------------------------------
Manuscript Due: August 30, 2016
Acceptance notification: November 30, 2016
Expected Publication of the Special Issue: Mid 2017

SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
----------------------------------------
All submissions have to be prepared according to the Guide for Authors as
published in the Journal website at http://www.journals.elsevier.
com/pervasive-and-mobile-computing/. Authors should select “SI:P2PPMC”,
from the “Choose Article Type” pull-down menu during the submission
process. All contributions must not have been previously published or be
under consideration for publication elsewhere. A submission based on one or
more papers that appeared elsewhere has to comprise major value-added
extensions over what appeared previously (at least 30% new material).
Authors are requested to attach to the submitted paper their relevant,
previously published articles and a summary document explaining the
enhancements made in the journal version.

GUEST EDITORS OF THE SPECIAL ISSUE
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Nadir Shah, Lead Guest Editor
  COMSATS Institute of Information Technology, Pakistan
  Email: [email-masked]

* Mubashir Husain Rehmani
  COMSATS Institute of Information Technology, Pakistan
  Email: [email-masked]

* Paolo Bellavista
  Universita de Bolanga, Italy
  Email: [email-masked]

Regards,
Dr. Nadir Shah, (PhD)

Associate Professor

Department of Computer Science

COMSATS Institute of Information Technology, Pakistan.

Email: [email-masked], [email-masked]

Phone.   051-9274056, 051-9314371, 051-9272614-5 , Ext : 265

Website : https://sites.google.com/site/nadirshah82/

*--------------------------------------*

*Dr. Nadir Shah, (PhD)*

*Associate Professor*

*Department of Computer Science*

*COMSATS Institute of Information Technology, Pakistan.*

*Email: [email-masked] <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
<[email-masked]> *

*Phone.   051-9274056, 051-9314371, 051-9272614-5 , Ext : 265*

*Website : https://sites.google.com/site/nadirshah82/
<https://sites.google.com/site/nadirshah82/> *